當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 看最新絕望主婦第六季第二集學英語

看最新絕望主婦第六季第二集學英語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.76W 次


 

看最新絕望主婦第六季第二集學英語

-Hey, aunt Gaby, need your car washed? 嗨,Gaby阿姨,需要洗車嗎?
-Oh, I'm aunt Gaby, now. Let me guess. You want something. 哦,我成了Gaby阿姨了。我猜猜,你想要什麼?
-Well, there is a party tomorrow night. 恩,明天晚上有個派對。
-Really. Ok, you can go. 是嗎,好吧,讓你去。
-Seriously? 真的?
-Well, if you can make an effort around here, then I guess I can too. Just be home by ten. 既然你願意努力付出,我想我也可以。記得十點鐘之前回來。
-Yeah, that's the thing. The party doesn't start till 11. 額~~~問題出在這兒。派對要到十一點纔開始。
-What kind of party starts at 11? 什麼派對十一點纔開始?
-This new dance club is opening downtown, and it is like the hottest thing ever. Everybody's going. 鎮上新開了一家舞廳,現在特別火,每個人都會去的。
-Not everybody. It's a school night and you know the rules. Thank you for washing the car. 不包括你。學校有課的日子,你知道家裏的規矩。謝謝你幫忙擦車。
-Well, she's quite the charmer. 這丫頭真厲害。
-Do you see what I'm dealing with? I mean, Carlos and I basically took her off the street. You'd think she'd be grateful. But every day is a battle. I don't know how to get through to her. 你看到了吧,Carlos和我收留了無家可歸的她,本來她應該對我們感激涕零纔對。現在每天都像打仗一樣,我都不知道該怎麼跟她溝通。
-teenage girls--they're the best reason for not having kids. Thank god, Roy had a vasectomy. 小女孩啊,這就是不要孩子的好處。謝天謝地,Roy已經結紮了。



【語言點】

take off就是離開,帶走的意思,那麼‘把她帶離大街’就是‘收留她’ 的意思。

get through to原來的意思是‘使某人明白’,在這裏可以作‘溝通’解。

vasectomy就是輸精管結紮術。這裏的Roy是uskey的新男友。


 

-Don't worry about us. Everything's fine here. Good night, Ana. Oh, sorry. 別擔心我們,我們挺好的。晚安,Ana。哦,抱歉。
-Ana paid me five dollars. Ana給了我五塊錢。
-Oh, hey, muscle. I need a lift. Oh, hey, hand, hand, hand. 哦,嗨,肌肉男,舉一下我。嗨,手,規矩點。
-Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, but can I have your attention please? Ok, hi, my niece is somewhere in this building. She's got brown hair, gold leggings and cream top which she took from my closet. So if you could just look around and point her out? 抱歉打擾一下,大家能不能聽我說一句?好了,我的外甥女就在你們之中。她褐色的頭髮,穿着金色的緊身褲和米色的上衣,都是從我衣櫥裏拿的。能不能麻煩你們 四處看看把她找出來?
-Hey, hey, this is important, Ok. She's only sixteen and she came here even though she knew she wasn't suppose to. 嗨,嗨,要知道她才十六歲,這種地方她不該來的。
-Hi, hi, hi. Either you find my niece or I will call the cops with their drug sniffing dogs. 嗨,嗨,嗨。你們自己選擇,要不你們幫我把她找出來,要不我就叫警察帶他們的緝毒犬來這裏遛遛。
-Stop, put me down. Get your hands off me. What are you doing? 住手,放我下來,拿開你的手,你們在幹嘛?
-Thank you, everybody. I told you not to mess with me. 謝謝大家。我說過了,別給我惹事兒。
-I can not keep doing this, Ana. Ana,我不想再這樣下去了。
-So, what? You gonna throw me out? Fine, you'd actually be doing me a favour. I can take care of myself. 那又如何?你要把我趕出去?沒關係,你把我趕出去只有好。我可以自己照顧自己。
-You are sixteen. How exactly are you gonna make money? 你才十六歲。你準備怎麼賺錢養活自己?
-I'm...I'm gonna be a model. 我......我可以去當模特。
-A model? 當模特?
-Yeah, you know, people tell me that I'm pretty enough. I will just go to Paris or New York and I'll get discovered. And I will be rich and famous and no one will ever tell me what to do again. 對,人家說我很漂亮,做模特綽綽有餘。我去巴黎,去紐約,我會一舉成名。等我有錢了,出名了,就沒有能對我指手畫腳了。
-And you really think it's that easy to become a model. 你以爲做模特是那麼容易的事情?
-It was for you. You left home when you were only fifteen. 你做模特就很容易啊。你當年離家才15歲。
-I left because I had to. My stepfather a nice man. My mother didn't care about me. 我當年是迫不得已。我的繼父他......不是好人,我媽媽不管我。
-My father left when I was three and my mother's been in and out of prison ever since. I can beat you at this game. 我爸爸在我三歲的時候就走了,我媽媽是監獄的常客。這方面我跟你有得一比吧。
-This is not a game, Ana. This is your life. 這不是鬧着玩,Ana,這是你的人生。
-You can't scare me, all right? And I don't stay where I'm not wanted. 別嚇唬我,行不行?再說,別人嫌棄我,我也不會死皮賴臉地住在這兒。
-Oh,don't give me that. We feed you. We put a roof over your head. 得了,別來這套。我們供你吃,供你住。
-And you're also keeping all your options open. Yeah, I heard. 所以你到現在還‘不做選擇’,是吧。對,我聽到了。
-No more options. I'm now officially your guardian.  沒有選擇了,我現在是你的法定監護人。
-So... What? I'm supposed to hug you now? 那又怎麼樣?你要我感動地擁抱你?
-No,you're not gonna want to hug me, because from here on out, I am gonna be watching you like a hawk. I wanna know where you are going, who you are going with, and when you are coming home. And I'm gonna keep you from ruining that life you are so anxious to start living. 不,你不會的。因爲從現在開始,我就會牢牢地看着你。你上哪兒去、和誰一起、什麼時候回家,我都要知道。我不能讓你美好的人生還沒開始就被白白地糟蹋了。
-You are so mean. 你真刻薄。
-Yeah. And I wish...I one had been this mean to me when I was your age. 沒錯。我多麼希望,我多麼希望我在你這個年齡的時候,也有人這麼刻薄地對我。  



【語言點】

leggings是那種緊身的褲子,有塑身效果。

drug sniffing dogs是警察的緝毒犬,因爲在美國這種舞會一般都有不合法的情況存在,而如果裏面又都是未成年人,問題就比較嚴重了。所以Gaby就拿這個來要挾他們。

mess with這個詞組的意思是to deceive someone or cause trouble for them,也就是惹是生非。

keep your options open是‘不做選擇’的意思。在上一期的視頻裏面,Carlos想勸說Gaby正式收養Ana,但是鑑於Ana的不良表現,Gaby說Until I see a change in her behavior, I'm keeping all my options open. (在她有所改過之前,我不做任何選擇。)而這句話恰巧被Ana聽到了,在Ana看來,Gaby就是嫌棄她,不願意接受她作爲家裏的一份子。

from here on out就是‘從現在開始’的意思。

watch somebody like a hawk: hawk本來就是那種大鳥,像鷹啊,梟啊什麼的。雄鷹一般總是站在高處俯視下面的動靜,所以這個詞組就是‘牢牢地看着某人’

And I'm gonna keep you from ruining that life you are so anxious to start living.

這 句話,我們知道live a life是‘生活’的意思,而anxious在這裏的意思是feeling strongly that you want to do something or want something to happen,所以她說,我不能讓你毀了你的生活,什麼樣的生活呢?是你急切地想要開始的生活。