當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 舌尖上的美國(26):找零錢(上)

舌尖上的美國(26):找零錢(上)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.1W 次

Asking for Change:

It is sometimes difficult to get change without buying something,so it’s a good idea to carry change with at all you need change,you can buy something inexpensive like candy or a newspaper and ask for the coinsyou need.有時候不買東西就很難找到零錢。因此,有個好辦法就是身邊隨時準備些零錢。如果你需要零錢,你可以買些糖果,報紙之類便宜的東西,這樣便可以要求電源找給你所需的硬幣。

A:Excuse me,but could you give me some change?

(抱歉,你能換些零錢給我嗎?)

B:Let me dimes and quarters OK?

(讓我瞧瞧,一角和兩角五分的硬幣可以嗎?)

A:I want to make a long-distance phone call.

(我是想打個長途電話)

B:Then you’ll need small change.

(那你需要換小零錢)

Notice:long-distance phone call.長途電話,指投入一定量的硬幣便可撥號長途電話的公用電話機。

舌尖上的美國(26):找零錢(上)

Quarters:n.住處,崗位;人(quarter的名詞複數);四分之一;(美式足球的)一節;方向

1. We searched in all quarters but still couldn't find it.

我們到處尋找,但仍沒能找到。

2. Pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters are United States coins.

1分銅幣、5分鎳幣、1角銀幣和2角5分銀幣是美國硬幣。

3. This decision is seen in some quarters as a change of policy.

這項決定被一些人看成是政策的改變。

4. Divide the cake into quarters and share it equally.

把蛋糕分成四份,大家平均享用。

5. The enemy was beaten back after some heavy fighting at close quarters.

在短兵相接的激烈戰鬥後,敵人被擊退了。

A:Sorry to bother you,but do you have change for a one?

(對不起,麻煩你,你有一元的零錢嗎?)

B:I’ll have to do you want it for?

(我得看一看。你要零錢做什麼用?)

A:I need it for the parking meter.

(我需要零錢投入停車定時器)

A:I can give you quanters,if that’ll help.

(如果兩角五分的硬幣管用的話,我可以給你換一些)

Notice:one=a one-dollar bill,指一張一元的鈔票

parking-meter:停車定時器。設於交通繁忙出的停車場,停車者必須根據停車時間的長短,向次機器投硬幣付費。