當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第16章:悲傷之谷(11)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第16章:悲傷之谷(11)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.03W 次

But my father had a big problem.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第16章:悲傷之谷(11)
但父親卻遇到了一個大麻煩。

While we had been IDPs and for all the months the school had been closed he had collected no fees, but the teachers still expected to be paid.

在我們淪爲國內難民的那幾個月中,學校關閉了,他收不到任何學費,但老師們仍希望能拿到薪水。

Altogether that would be over one million rupees.

算一算,這筆支出超過100多萬盧比。

All the private schools were in the same boat.

所有的私立學校都遇到了相同的問題。

One school gave its teachers salaries for a month, but most didn't know what to do as they couldn't afford to pay.

有一所學校給老師們發了一個月的薪水,但大多數學校都無計可施,因爲校方付不出錢來。

The teachers at the Khushal School demanded something.

胡沙爾學校的老師們需要收入,

They had their own expenses, and one of them, Miss Hera, was about to get married and had been relying on her salary to help pay for the ceremony.

他們有自己的開銷,而其中的一位赫拉小姐準備要結婚了,她需要這份薪水來支付婚宴的費用。

My father was in a fix.

父親陷入困境。

Then we remembered General Abbas and his visiting card.

然後,我們忽然想起阿巴斯將軍和他的名片。

It was because of the army operation to expel the Taliban that we had all had to leave and found ourselves in this situation now.

正是因爲軍方驅逐塔利班的行動,我們才被迫離開,才陷入目前的困境。

So Madam Maryam and I wrote an email to General Abbas explaining the situation.

所以,瑪麗安女士和我寫了一封電子郵件給阿巴斯將軍,解釋現在的情況。

He was very kind and sent us 1,100,000 rupees so my father could pay everyone three months' back pay.

他很慷慨,寄給我們110萬盧比,父親因此得以支付每個教師三個月的欠薪。

The teachers were so happy. Most had never received so much money at once.

教師們都非常開心,很多人從未一次性拿到過這麼多錢。

Miss Hera called my father in tears, grateful that her wedding could go ahead as planned.

赫拉小姐含淚感謝我父親,她的婚禮可以依照原先的計劃舉辦了。

This didn't mean we went easy on the army.

這並不表示我們就原諒軍方了。

We were very unhappy about the army's failure to capture the Taliban leadership, and my father and I continued to give lots of interviews.

我們對軍方獵捕塔利班高層計劃的失敗感到非常不滿。父親和我依舊接受很多訪問。