當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(11)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(11)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.59W 次

This is not the case.

ing-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(11)

這不是事實。

We are peace-loving.

我們熱愛和平。

Our mountains, our trees, our flowers – everything in our valley is about peace.’

我們的山巒、我們的樹林、我們的鮮花、我們的河谷中一草一木,都在訴說着和平。

A group of us girls gave an interview on ATV Khyber, the only privately owned Pashto television channel, about girls dropping out of school due to militancy.

學校裏幾位女同學受開伯爾電視頻道採訪——這是唯一一家普什圖人擁有的私人電視臺——談論關於女孩們因爲武裝分子的威脅而輟學的事情。

Teachers helped us beforehand on how to respond to questions.

老師們事前指導過我們如何回答問題。

I wasn’t the only one to be interviewed.

節目不只訪問了我一個人。

When we were eleven and twelve, we did them together, but as we turned thirteen or fourteen my friends’ brothers and fathers didn’t allow them

當我們只有十一二歲時,我們一起接受過採訪;但當我們邁入十三四歲,我那些女同學的兄長、父親就會禁止她們參與。

because they had entered puberty and should observe purdah and also they were afraid.

一方面因爲她們已經進入青春期,應該遵守婦德;另一方面則是因爲他們害怕這麼做了之後,會有不好的下場。

One day I went on Geo, which is one of the biggest news channels in our country. There was a wall of screens in their office.

有一天,我接受了我們國家最大的新聞頻道之一的訪問,他們的辦公室裏有一面電視牆。

I was astonished to see so many channels.

當我看到這麼多頻道時,非常驚訝。

Afterwards I thought, The media needs interviews.

事後,我想:媒體需要訪談。