當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(5)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(5)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.07W 次

Fazlullah kept broadcasting that girls should stay at home and his men had started blowing up schools, usually during night-time curfew when the children were not there.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(5)

法茲魯拉持續通過廣播告訴人們:女孩子們應該留在家裏。而他的手下也開始利用夜晚宵禁,孩子不在學校的時候炸燬學校。

The first school to be blown up was Shawar Zangay, a government girls’ primary school in Matta.

第一所被炸燬的學校是沙瓦贊給,一所位於瑪塔的公立女子小學。

We couldn’t believe anyone would do such a thing.

我們無法想象有人竟然會做出這種事。

Then many more bombings followed, almost every day.

接着越來越多起爆炸發生,幾乎每天都有,就連明戈拉也逃不過這些炸彈的威脅。

Even in Mingora, there were explosions.

有兩次,當我在廚房時,發生了爆炸。

Twice bombs went off when I was in the kitchen, so close by that the whole house rattled and the fan above the window fell down.

因爲我家離事發地點很近,整棟房子都在搖晃,窗戶上方的電扇都震得掉了下來。

I became very scared of going into the kitchen and would only run in and out.

在那之後,我變得很害怕留在廚房,總是跑着進出。

On the last day of February 2008 I was in the kitchen when we heard an enormous blast.

2008年2月的最後一天,我正在廚房裏,突然,一聲巨響傳來,

It was ear-shatteringly loud and obviously close by.

那聲音幾乎震破耳膜,而且聽起來近在咫尺。

As we always did, we called to each other to make sure we were all safe.

像以往發生了此類情形時一樣,我們急切地呼喚着彼此的綽號或姓名——帥哥、貓咪、嫂嫂[1]、胡沙爾、阿塔爾,以確保大家都平安無事。

‘Khaista, Pisho, Bhabi, Khushal, Atal!’ Then we heard sirens, one after another as if all the ambulances of Mingora were passing.

緊接着,救護車的汽笛聲拉起,一聲急似一聲,彷彿所有明戈拉的救護車都向着我們家的方向駛來。

A suicide bomber had struck in the basketball court at Haji Baba High School.

原來,一名自殺式炸彈襲擊者襲擊了位於哈吉巴巴高中的籃球場。

Funeral prayers had been under way for a popular local police officer, Javid Iqbal, who had been killed by a suicide bomber in a remote area while trying to escape from the Taliban.

那裏正在爲一位當地廣受尊重的警察賈維德•伊克巴舉辦一場葬禮,他是在逃離塔利班魔爪的過程中被一名自殺式炸彈襲擊者所殺害。

He was from Mingora, and his body had been brought back for the funeral and a police salute.

他來自明戈拉,所以,他的遺體被送返故鄉下葬,同時接受警方的表彰。

Now the Taliban had bombed the mourners.

塔利班襲擊了葬禮,

More than fifty-five people were killed, including Javid Iqbal’s young son and many people we knew.

造成至少55名民衆身亡,其中包括賈維德•伊克巴的小兒子和許多我們認識的人。

Ten members of Moniba’s family were there and were either killed or injured.

有十名莫妮巴的親戚也在現場,他們非死即傷。

Moniba was devastated and the whole town was in shock.

莫妮巴傷痛欲絕,整個小鎮陷入恐慌。

There were condolences in every mosque.

每一座清真寺都在哀悼死者。

‘Are you scared now?’ I asked my father.

你害怕嗎?我問父親。