當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(7)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(7)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.14W 次

Later he said he remembered a small clean-shaven man just standing there smiling, not even wearing a mask.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(7)
後來,他說他記得一個身形矮小、臉上剃得乾乾淨淨的、沒有戴任何面具的男子站在那兒微笑,

Then darkness overcame him as if he had fallen into a black hole.

然後黑暗攫住了他,猶如跌入黑洞一般。

The irony was that Zahid Khan had only recently started to walk to the mosque again because he thought it was safe.

頗具諷刺意味的是,扎西德·汗近期纔開始恢復步行去清真寺,因爲他認爲形勢已趨於穩定。

After praying for his friend, my father talked to the media. 'We don't understand why he's been attacked when they claim there's peace,' he said.

父親在爲他的朋友禱告之後,對媒體說:“我們不能理解的是,爲什麼扎西德會在當局宣稱和平已臨的情況下遭到攻擊?

'It's a big question for the army and administration.'

這對軍方和執政當局來說,是一個大問題。”

People warned my father to leave the hospital.

人們對父親提出警告,建議他離開醫院。

'Ziauddin, it's midnight and you're here!

“齊亞烏丁,已經午夜了,你居然還待在這裏!

Don't be stupid!' they said. 'You are as vulnerable and as wanted a target as he is.

別犯傻了!”他們說,“你和他一樣身體是肉做的,也和他一樣被人視爲眼中釘。

Don't take any more risks!'

不要再讓自己涉入更深的險境啦!”

Finally Zahid Khan was transferred to Peshawar to be operated on and my father came home.

最後,扎西德·汗被轉送至白沙瓦動手術,父親也回家了。

I had not gone to sleep because I was so worried.

因爲擔心他的安危,我還沒有就寢。

After that I double-checked all the locks every night.

這件事情之後,我每晚都會再三確認家裏的門是否都已上了鎖。

At home our phone did not stop ringing with people calling to warn my father he could be the next target.

我們家的電話開始響個不停,成天都有人打電話來,警告父親他可能就是塔利班的下一個目標。

Hidayatullah was one of the first to call.

希達亞圖拉是最先打來的人之一。

'For God's sake be careful,' he warned. 'It could have been you.

“看在真主的份兒上小心點,”他警告,“下一個受害者很有可能是你。

They are shooting jirga members one by one.

他們正在逐一狙殺和平組織的成員。

You are the spokesman – how can they possibly let you live?'

身爲發言人的你,他們豈能放過?”