當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(9)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(9)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.69W 次

The state is meant to protect the rights of its citizens,

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(9)

國家的存在是爲了保障國民的權益。

but it’s a very difficult situation when you can’t tell the difference between state and non-state and can’t trust the state to protect you against non-state.

但是,當你無法分辨國家勢力和非國家勢力時,當你在對抗反國家勢力而國家無法起到保護你的作用時,局勢就變得相當艱難。

Our military and ISI are very powerful and most people did not like to voice these things publicly,

軍隊及ISI握有大權,因此,多數人不敢公開發表這樣的譴責言論。

but my father and many of his friends were not scared.

但是,父親和他身旁的許多朋友卻無所畏懼。

‘What you are doing is against our people and against Pakistan,’ he would say.

你們正在做的事情不利於人民,也不利於巴基斯坦,父親說,不要盲目支持塔利班思想,那是不人道的。

‘Don’t support Talibanisation, it’s inhuman.

人們告訴我們,斯瓦特爲了整個巴基斯坦的和平做出了犧牲。

We are told that Swat is being sacrificed for the sake of Pakistan, but no one and nothing should be sacrificed for the state.

但是沒有人,也不該有任何生命,應該爲了國家而犧牲。

A state is like a mother, and a mother never deserts or cheats her children.’

國家猶如母親,而一個母親永遠也不會放棄或欺騙她的孩子。

He hated the fact that most people would not speak up.

他痛恨多數人敢怒不敢言的作爲。

In his pocket he kept a poem written by Martin Niem?ller, who had lived in Nazi Germany.

在他的口袋裏,一直存放着一首詩,詩人名叫馬丁•尼莫拉,曾生活在納粹德國。