當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(10)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(10)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.19W 次

First they came for the communists,

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第11章:聰明的班級(10)

起初他們追殺共產主義者,

and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a communist.

我沒說話,因爲我不是共產主義者。

Then they came for the socialists,

接着他們追殺社會主義者,

and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a socialist.

我沒說話,因爲我不是社會主義者。

Then they came for the trade unionists,

接着他們追殺工會成員,

and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a trade unionist.

我沒說話,因爲我不是工會成員。

Then they came for the Jews,

接着他們追殺猶太人,

and I didn’t speak out because I was not a Jew.

我沒說話,因爲我不是猶太人。

Then they came for the Catholics,

接着他們追殺天主教徒,

and I didn’t speak out because I was not a Catholic.

我沒說話,因爲我不是天主教徒。

Then they came for me,

最後他們來追殺我,

and there was no one left to speak for me.

已經沒有人可以替我說話了。

I knew he was right.

我知道他說得對。

If people were silent nothing would change.

如果所有人都保持沉默,那麼不會有任何改變。

At school my father organised a peace march and encouraged us to speak out against what was happening.

在學校,父親組織了一場和平演說,鼓勵我們針對現狀發表自己的看法。

Moniba put it well. ‘We Pashtuns are a religion-loving people,’ she said.

莫妮巴說得很好:我們普什圖人極具宗教熱忱。

‘Because of the Taliban, the whole world is claiming we are terrorists.

但是因爲塔利班,全世界都將我們當作恐怖分子。