當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第15章:離開河谷(1)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第15章:離開河谷(1)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.64W 次

15 Leaving the Valley

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第15章:離開河谷(1)
15 離開河谷

Leaving the valley was harder than anything I had done before.

離開河谷,比我之前做過的任何事情都要艱難許多。

I remembered the tapa my grandmother used to recite: 'No Pashtun leaves his land of his own sweet will.

我還記得祖母以前經常背誦的一首拓帕:“普什圖人不會自願離開他的土地。

Either he leaves from poverty or he leaves for love.'

若要離開,不是因爲貧窮,就是因爲愛。”

Now we were being driven out for a third reason the tapa writer had never imagined – the Taliban.

現在,我們因爲詩人從來沒有想象過的第三個被迫離開的理由——塔利班。

Leaving our home felt like having my heart ripped out.

離開我們的家,讓我覺得心如刀割。

I stood on our roof looking at the mountains, the snow-topped Mount Elum where Alexander the Great had reached up and touched Jupiter.

我站在屋頂眺望遠山,亞歷山大大帝曾登上白雪覆蓋的埃勒姆山頂,在那裏碰觸到了木星。

I looked at the trees all coming into leaf.

我看到了樹木正在萌芽。

The fruit of our apricot tree might be eaten by someone else this year.

今年,我們家那棵杏樹的果實會被其他人採摘吧。

Everything was silent, pin-drop silent.

世界悄然靜寂,就連一根針掉在地上都能聽得見。

There was no sound from the river or the wind; even the birds were not chirping.

河流和春風都靜默了,甚至連鳥兒都停止了鳴叫。

I wanted to cry because I felt in my heart I might never see my home again.

我想哭,因爲我從心底感覺到,我可能再也見不到我的家了。

The documentary makers had asked me how I would feel if one day I left Swat and never came back.

紀錄片的製作人曾經問我,如果有一天我要離開斯瓦特,永遠不再歸來,我會有什麼感覺。

At the time I had thought it was a stupid question, but now I saw that everything I could not imagine happening had happened.

當時,我認爲那是個愚蠢的問題。但現在我發現,所有那些我無法想象會發生的事情,都發生了。