當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第16章:悲傷之谷(3)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第16章:悲傷之谷(3)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.45W 次

We were lucky our house had not been broken into.

ing-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第16章:悲傷之谷(3)
我們很幸運,房子沒有被入侵。

Four or five of the houses on our street had been looted and TVs and gold jewellery had been taken.

這條街上有四五家房子被搶了,電視和金銀珠寶都被拿走。

Safina's mother next door had deposited her gold in a bank vault for safekeeping and even that had been looted.

隔壁鄰居薩芬娜的母親把金飾存進銀行倉庫保管,即便如此,也被劫掠了。

My father was anxious to check on the school. I went with him.

父親急着想確認學校的情況。我跟他一起去。

We found that the building opposite the girls' school had been hit by a missile but the school itself looked intact.

我們發現女子學校對面的建築被飛彈擊中,但學校表面看起來完好無缺。

For some reason my father's keys would not work so we found a boy who climbed over the wall and opened it from the inside.

不知爲何,父親的鑰匙怎麼都打不開門。所以我們找了一個男孩攀牆而過,從裏面幫我們打開門。

We ran up the steps anticipating the worst.

我們跑上階梯,準備好看到最慘的狀況。

Someone has been in here,' my father said as soon as we entered the courtyard.

“有人來過這裏。”一進入中庭,父親就這麼說。

There were cigarette stubs and empty food wrappers all over the floor.

香菸屁股和空食品袋散落滿地,

Chairs had been upended and the space was a mess.

椅子都倒在地上,到處都亂糟糟的。

My father had taken down the Khushal School sign and left it in the courtyard.

離開時,父親取下胡沙爾學校的招牌,把它放在中庭裏;

It was leaning against the wall and I screamed as we lifted it.

而現在,它則被靠在牆上。當我們把它拿開時,我大聲尖叫,

Underneath were the rotting heads of goats.

底下滿是腐爛的山羊頭。

It looked like the remains of someone's dinner.

看起來應該是某人的晚餐。

Then we went into the classrooms.

然後,我們走進教室

Anti-Taliban slogans were scrawled all over the walls.

反塔利班的標語胡亂地寫滿了整面牆壁。