當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 46:你怎能那麼肯定?

職場社交英語 Lesson 46:你怎能那麼肯定?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.5W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 46:你怎能那麼肯定?

SCENE② D 吉娜與戴夫在各自的隔間裏工作

ing-bottom: 66.88%;">職場社交英語 Lesson 46:你怎能那麼肯定?

【你怎能那麼肯定?】


Dave: Do you really think we can beat WebTracker?

戴夫: 你真覺得我們能打敗“網路搜尋家”?


Zina: Of course.

吉娜: 當然。


Dave: How can you be so sure? Do you know something I don't?

戴夫: 你怎能那麼肯定?你是不是知道什麼隱情?


Zina: I have a plan for 1) handling WebTracker. Step one is the 2) contract.

吉娜: 我有對付“網路搜尋家”的計劃。第一步就是拿到的合約。


Dave: What's step two?

戴夫: 那第二步是什麼?


Zina: Don't worry about that, Dave. Look, I have to see Vince now. Think about what I said.

吉娜: 不用操心,戴夫。聽着,我現在要去找文斯。你想想我說的話。


語言詳解

A: I can't handle having so much homework.

功課這麼多,我應付不過來。

B: Maybe you should get a tutor.

也許你該去找個家教。


【Do you know something I don't? 你是不是知道什麼隱情?】


要向對方打聽祕密的說詞很多種,直接的辦法如Tell me the secret 或Let me know what you have found out 等等。但比較婉轉的似比較好,上面對話中的Do you know something I don't? 就是不錯的說詞,這句話的意思是Do you know something I don't know?

A: Our football team is going to win the match at 2 to 1 this afternoon.

我們的足球隊下午會以二比一踢贏球賽。

B: Wait a minute. Do you know something I don't?

稍等一下。你是不是知道什麼隱情?


A: If you are a gambler, you have your ways to get tips.

如果你是個賭徒,你總有辦法弄到內部消息。

B: Are you sure the other team can be bought?

你真的認爲客隊是可以收買的嗎?


1) handle (v.) 對付,應付

2) contract (n.) 合約