當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 43:一張綠色便條紙

職場社交英語 Lesson 43:一張綠色便條紙

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.62K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 43:一張綠色便條紙

SCENE② A 吉娜與戴夫在各自的隔間裏工作

職場社交英語 Lesson 43:一張綠色便條紙

【又一張綠色便條紙】

Zina: Hey, Dave. Look at this another green note. Someone must have left it while I was in LA.

吉娜: 嘿,戴夫。你看這個--又一張綠色便條紙。一定是有人趁我去洛城的時候放的。

Dave: What does it say this time? Is it a death threat?

戴夫: 這次是寫什麼?索命威脅啊?

Zina: It says, "my dear kitten, / I'm sorry I haven't written. / It doesn't mean I'm not still 1) smitten. / I am."

吉娜: 上面寫着:“我親愛的小貓,抱歉好一陣子沒捎信, 這可不是我不魂牽夢縈。我仍迷戀着你。”

Dave: You've got to 2) admit, he does have a way with words.

戴夫: 你得承認他還真會舞文弄墨。

Zina: It's a bunch of 3) mush! Where does he get off calling me a kitten?

吉娜: 爲賦新詞強說愁!他憑什麼叫我“小貓”?

Dave: 4) Considering how you've been 5) behaving, I'll admit it is a bit surprising.

戴夫: 由你最近的行爲看來,我承認這種稱呼有些讓人意外。

語言詳解

A: Do you admit that what you did was wrong?

你承認你做錯了嗎?

B: I admit it, but I'm not sorry.

我承認,但我不感到抱歉。

【have a way with...對……很有一套】

have a way with...是指交際手腕或是對某方面的造詣很高,可以用在人與人的關係上:

A: She has a way with men.

她對於男人很有一套。

B: That's because she's young and sexy.

那是因爲她年輕又性感。

【Where does he get off...他憑什麼……】

當你覺得某人做得太過分,不禁質疑起他有何權利這樣做的時候,你就可以用上這個表達法Where does he get off...“他憑什麼……”

A: Where does he get off telling me I need to lose some weight?

他憑什麼跟我說我應該要減重?

B: He's your doctor. He's just concerned about your health.

他是你的醫生,他只是關心你的健康。

1) smite (v.) 使神魂顛倒。smitten是過去分詞當形容詞用,表示被動的意思。

2) admit (v.) 承認

3) mush (n.) 過分的多愁善感

4) considering (adv., prep) 鑑於……,考慮到……

5) behave (v.) 舉止,行爲