當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 32:我太緊張了

職場社交英語 Lesson 32:我太緊張了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.27W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 32:我太緊張了

SCENE② B 艾文與瑪莉在意式濃縮咖啡機前碰面

padding-bottom: 66.88%;">職場社交英語 Lesson 32:我太緊張了

【我太緊張了】

Elvin: Wow. She can be really 1) nasty, can't she?

艾文: 哇。她討厭起來還真要命,不是嗎?


Mary: No. She was right. I was too nervous. I kept thinking, "What if we 2) blow it"?

瑪莉: 不。她說得對。我太緊張了。我滿腦子都在想“萬一我們搞砸了怎麼辦?”

Elvin: Well, I guess Zina figured you.couldn't blow it if you were in the hotel room.

艾文: 呃,我猜吉娜料想,若你待在旅館房間就不會壞事了。


Mary: She even stayed at a different hotel. She said I might be 3) contagious.

瑪莉: 她甚至還住在另一間旅館。她說我這壞心態或許會傳染。


Elvin: Well, at least we have . That'll be great 4) publicity.

艾文: 呃,起碼我們有了。那會是很好的宣傳。

語言詳解

A: You can be really nasty to your friends.

你有時候對朋友還真惡劣。

B: They deserve it.

他們活該。

【What if 萬一……怎麼辦】

what if = what will we/you do if,是省略掉“你(或我)要怎麼辦”字眼,達到簡潔的目的。

A: I agree with you. But what if Cindy comes in five minutes?

我同意你的想法。但是萬一辛蒂五分鐘後來了怎麼辦?

B: Well, we have waited for her at least 45 minutes.

我們至少己經等她四十五分鐘啦。

A: Let's stay another ten minutes.

讓我們多停留十分鐘吧。

1) nasty (a.) 惹人厭的,低劣的

2) blow (v.) 搞砸,失敗

3) contagious (a.) 具傳染性的

4) publicity (n.) 宣傳,知名度