當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 44:他自視甚高

職場社交英語 Lesson 44:他自視甚高

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.97K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 44:他自視甚高

SCENE② B 吉娜與戴夫在各自的隔間裏工作

ing-bottom: 66.88%;">職場社交英語 Lesson 44:他自視甚高

【他自視甚高】

Zina: Do you think what I did to Elvin was 1) out of line?

吉娜: 你覺得我對艾文太過火了嗎?

Dave: You could have tried to explain to him about the new programmers.

戴夫: 你本可以試着跟他解釋,會有新的程序設計師進來。

Zina: Elvin doesn't want any programming help. He wants all the 2) glory for himself.

吉娜: 艾文才不想要有人來幫忙寫程序。他想功勞一手抓。

Dave: You might be right. He does 3) think pretty highly of himself.

戴夫: 你或許沒說錯。他自視甚高。

Zina: Did you hear the names he was calling me?

吉娜: 你聽到他怎麼罵我嗎?

Dave: I heard. But did you have to tear out his nose ring?

戴夫: 我聽到了。但你有必要扯掉他的鼻環嗎?

語言詳解:

A: Can you explain your relationship to John?

你能解釋你跟約翰的關係嗎?

B: No. It's too complicated.

不能。 這太複雜了。

【could have tried 本可以試着】

“could+現在完成式”的句型用於說明先前的某一動作有改進的餘地,有時表示含蓄的不滿或指責。例如:

You could have finished it earlier.

你本該早一點把這事做完。

She could have done better.

她做得不夠好。

A: I could have arrived much earlier. But I was caught in the traffic.

我原可以早早就到了。但是我受阻於路上交通擁塞。

B: That I can understand. But you could have called us and let us know.

這一點我可以瞭解。但是你本可以打個電話通知我們。

1) be out of line 過分的

2) glory (n.) 榮耀

3) think highly of... 對……評價很高。若後接反身代名詞,則是指“自視甚高”。