當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 61:咱倆都是詐包

職場社交英語 Lesson 61:咱倆都是詐包

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.23W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 61:咱倆都是詐包

SCENE① A 吉娜與戴夫繼續在停車場說話

padding-bottom: 66.88%;">職場社交英語 Lesson 61:咱倆都是詐包

【咱倆都是詐包】


Zina: When Vince didn't give you what you wanted, you decided to sell some secrets to WebTracker?

吉娜: 文斯給不了你要的待遇當時,你就決定賣情報給“網路搜尋家”?


Dave: That's right.

戴夫: 沒錯。


Zina: So you are really my secret admirer, or did you just want to 1) seduce me to find out more secrets?

吉娜: 那你真的是在暗戀我,還是在引誘我泄露情報給你?


Dave: A little bit of both, to be honest.

戴夫: 老實說,兩者都有一點吧。

Zina: You know what, Dave, I think I like you more now than I did before.

吉娜: 你知道嗎,戴夫,我現在比以前更喜歡你。


Dave: I guess we're both snakes, aren't we?

戴夫: 我猜咱倆都是詐包,你說是不是?

Zina: I like you, Dave, but I can show you no mercy. I'm going to have to 2) crush you and WebTracker both.

吉娜: 我喜歡你,戴夫,但我可不會手下留情。我得要把你還有“網路搜尋家”通通整垮。


語言詳解


A: Why don't you lay down? I'll give you a massage.

你何不躺下來?我幫你按摩。


B: Are you trying to seduce me?

你在引誘我嗎?

【a little bit of both 兼而有之】

a little bit of both字面上的意思是“兩者都有一點”,在使用上,可以用來回答對方的問題,若對方問到你兩種可能,你覺得兩個因素都有,你就可以用上a little bit of both,來表達“兼而有之”的概念。

A: Did you two break up because you didn't talk or because you lived too far apart?

你們倆分手是因爲沒溝通,還是因爲住得太遠?

B: A little bit of both, I guess.

我想兩者都有吧。


【 mercy 毫不留情】

mercy 是“慈悲”的意思,show someone no mercy 就是指做起事來“毫不留情,不留餘地”,不給對方臺階下。

A: I'm a little afraid of talking to my boss.

我有點怕跟老闆說話。

B: I can understand. Last time he showed you no mercy.

我能理解。上次他對你絲毫不留情。

1) seduce (v.) 引誘

2) crush (v.) 摧毀,粉碎