當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 365天英語口語之日常口語(Flash+文本) 第23期:Reading 讀書看報

365天英語口語之日常口語(Flash+文本) 第23期:Reading 讀書看報

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.09W 次

Flash附帶文本如下:

padding-bottom: 63.59%;">365天英語口語之日常口語(Flash+文本) 第23期:Reading 讀書看報

對話原文:

Nicholas:What are you reading, Linda?
你在看什麼呀,琳達?
Linda:I’m reading a novel The Mill on the Floss, written by the famous novelist, George Eliot。
我在讀小說《弗洛斯河上的磨坊》,是由著名小說家喬治.艾略特寫的。
Nicholas:What’s it about?
是關於什麼的?
Linda:It is mainly about the relationship about a brother and a sister, who live in a mill on river Floss. It describes their childhood and a dispute that causes them to separate. The book ends with them happily together again, but they were both killed in the flood。
主要寫了住在弗洛斯和尚磨房裏的一對兄妹之間的關係。小說描寫了他們的童年生活,以及一次爭論最終導致他們各奔東西。這部小說以他們愉快的團聚作爲結尾,但是他們卻在一場洪水中雙雙喪生。
Nicholas:Is it difficult to understand?
很難看懂嗎?
Linda:Not really, I would consider it easy。
不是,我覺得很容易懂。
Nicholas:Besides novels, are there any other types of literary works that you indulge in?
除了長篇小說外,你還喜歡讀什麼其他類型的文學作品嗎?
Linda:I really like short stories。
還喜歡讀短篇小說。
Nicholas:Have you read anything else besides literature?
除了文學作品以外,你讀其它的書嗎?
Linda:Certainly I have. I like to read books on various subjects, and I read everything I can get my hands on in my spare time. I don’t want to idle away and waste my time。
當然讀了,我喜歡看各種題材的書,在空閒時我拿到什麼書就看什麼書。我可不想閒呆着浪費時間。
Nicholas:I agree. People who don’t read are no better off than people who can’t read. I also agree that “Books are like food for the mind。”
我贊同。不讀書的人並不比不能讀書的人強。我還認爲“書籍是人類精神的糧食”。


重點句子:

這是最好的雜誌。This is the best magazine。
我喜歡讀短篇小說。I really like short stories。
比起詩歌,我更喜歡散文。I prefer essays to poems。
我建議你讀《紅樓夢》。I advise you to read A Dream in Red Mansions。
我想訂一份《昂秀英語》。I’d like a subscription to Onshow English。
我想續訂。I’d like to renew my subscription。
你知道這份報紙的發行量嗎?Do you know the circulation of this newspaper?
你對此報的評價如何?How would you comment on this paper?
請給我晨版的。Morning edition, please。