當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第531期:Life in Italy 意大利的生活

美語情景對話 第531期:Life in Italy 意大利的生活

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.22W 次

Todd: So, Marion, what countries have you lived in?

託德:瑪里昂,你曾在哪些國家生活過?

Marion: I've lived in Italy, France, Australia, and now Ireland of course.

瑪里昂:我在意大利、法國、澳大利亞生活過,現在我住在日本……當然我也在愛爾蘭生活過。

Todd: Wow, you lived in Italy, huh?

託德:哇,你在意大利生活過?

Marion: Yeah.

瑪里昂:對。

Todd: Wow. How long did you live in Italy for?

託德:哇,你在意大利生活了多長時間?

Marion: Um, for two separate periods, so a year each so it total about two years. Almost two years.

瑪里昂:嗯,那是兩段不同的時期,每次大概一年的時間,所以我一共在意大利生活了兩年的時間,差不多兩年。

Todd: Wow, that's pretty cool. So why did you go to Italy? What were you there for?

託德:哇,那真是太酷了。你爲什麼會去意大利?你去那裏幹什麼?

Marion: I went there to study Italian. The first time I studied Italian and then French, and then the second time I went back after graduating to study more Italian.

瑪里昂:我去那裏學習意大利語。第一次我去學了意大利語和法語,我在畢業後第二次前往意大利,更加深入地學習意大利語。

Todd: That's pretty cool.

託德:太酷了。

Marion: Hmm! It was interesting, yeah.

瑪里昂:嗯!而且很有意思。

Todd: So were your classes tough? What it a tough study program?

託德:你上的課程難嗎?學習課程難嗎?

Marion: Hmm, they were very interesting, and the first time I went, my Italian wasn't so good, cause I had only studied for two years before I went the first time, so even though my Italian improved enormously over that first year, in the beginning it was quite difficult, I had one professor for example, who would constantly say to me, in class, in Italian, "Are you following? Are you following?" so it was a bit intimidating.

瑪里昂:嗯,其實很有趣,我第一次去的時候,我意大利語說的不太好,因爲我在第一次去意大利之前只學了兩年的時間,所以雖然我在意大利的那一年我的意大利語水平突飛猛進,但是在我剛去的時候我過得很艱難,舉個例子,有個教授在課程上一直用意大利問我:你跟得上的嗎?你聽的明白嗎?那有點兒令人害怕。

Todd: Yeah, I don't think I could do that with my students.

託德:是啊,我想我不會這麼對我的學生。

Marion: No, no, it was really awful, he was really singling me out, so all the other people in the class used turn their head around and look at the strange foreigner in their class who maybe or maybe, maybe could understand or maybe didn't, but I just felt very nervous and a bit awkward there because I was just waiting for him to pounce on me, "Mi segue, mi segue!" It's terrible.

瑪里昂:不是,情況非常糟糕,他會點名問我,所以班裏的其他學生會轉過頭來看着我——班上這個不知道是否明白的奇怪的外國人,我感到非常緊張,而且有點尷尬,因爲我覺得他會衝過來問我“你明白嗎,你跟得上嗎?那太糟糕了。

Todd: "Mi segue" is "are you following?"

託德:Mi segue就是你跟得上的意思嗎?

Marion: Are you following me, literally, yeah, basically do you understand.

瑪里昂:對,字面上來說,就是問你明白嗎?

Todd: Ah, OK. Um, what was life like in Italy, at university. How was it different than say, univeristy in Ireland?

託德:好。嗯,意大利大學怎麼樣?意大利的大學與愛爾蘭的大學有什麼不同?

Marion: Well, my university is one one big campus, I think that's maybe the way in America as well. In Italy though, the buildings of the university are spread all over the city, so you'll have for example, the language and literature faculty, where I was, in one part of the town, and then maybe 10 or 20 minutes away by bus you might have the faculty of education where I had to go to some lecturers as well so that was very different, for me to have everything so spread out. Also, the buidlings were so old, you know in Italy there are really old traditional buildings, so they are beautiful, really beautiful, you walk into the faculty building, and there's a huge courtyard, and beautiful architecture, all around you. It's absolutely amazing. You felt like you were a little part of history, inside you know, so yeah, that was amazing.

瑪里昂:我在愛爾蘭的大學是一個大校園,我想美國的大學也一樣。可是意大利大學的教學樓分佈在整個城市,舉個例子,語言和文學學院的教學樓可能在城市的這個部分,而教育學部的距離可能有10或20分鐘的公交車程,我有一些課程要在教育學部上,對我來說相隔這麼遠的教學樓是種不同的體驗。而且意大利大學的教學樓非常古老,意大利有傳統又古老的大樓,那些大樓非常漂亮,走進教學樓會看見一個巨大的庭院,在你身邊都是漂亮的建築。這簡直太令人驚奇了。你會感覺你是歷史的一部分,非常神奇。

Todd: Well, sounds cool.

託德:嗯,聽起來很棒。

Marion: Yeah, it was great, one of the best years of my life.

瑪里昂:對,非常不錯,那是我一生中最棒的幾年。

美語情景對話 第531期:Life in Italy 意大利的生活

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. single out
單獨挑出;特別選出;
eg. His immediate superior has singled him out for a special mention.
他的頂頭上司特別提到了他。
eg. It would be invidious to single out any one person to thank.
單獨感謝任何一個人都易引起反感。
2. turn around
轉動;轉身;扭轉;
eg. I felt a tapping on my shoulder and I turned around.
我感到有人拍了一下我的肩膀,於是轉過身去。
eg. He turned around as he heard a noise behind him.
他聽到身後有響聲,便轉過身來。
3. pounce on
(人)猛撲,突襲;
eg. He pounced on the photographer, beat him up and smashed his camera.
他突然撲向攝影師,痛打了他一頓,還摔碎了他的照相機。
eg. Fraud squad officers had bugged the phone and were ready to pounce.
反詐騙小組的警員們已在電話上安裝了竊聽器,並隨時準備突擊。
4. spread out
相隔很遠的;分散的;
eg. The Kurds are spread out across five nations.
庫爾德人散居在 5 個國家中。
eg. The search party spread out over the moor.
搜索隊在荒草地分散行動。