當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第529期:Daily Routine 日常生活

美語情景對話 第529期:Daily Routine 日常生活

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.99W 次

Todd: OK, Terry, now when you take your bike trips, when you bicycle across America or down the West Coast, what is a typical day? Like how would you start your day and how would you finish your day on the bicycle?

託德:泰瑞,你在進行自行車騎行時,騎着自行車穿越美國或沿着西海岸一直向南騎行時,你一天的行程是怎樣的?你每天的開始和結束都是怎樣的?

Terry: Well, a typical day, I'm camping usually, so I usually get up at or near sunrise, sometimes I get up slightly before sunrise, and I have to pack up all of my camping gear, stuff the sleeping bag in a stuffed sack, roll up my air mattress, pack up the tent, and then eat breakfast and then I usually try and, you know, do the daily essentials and then hit the road. I usually try to be on the road on the road sometime around 7, 7:30 in the morning, depending on when the sun comes up. But I like to go cycling early in the morning because it's cooler and there's, you tend to see more wildlife and I just think it's a nicer time of day, especially if you're riding in the summer, it tends to get warmer, as the day goes on, so, and then I usually try and hit, find a campground sometime in the afternoon and then the process starts again in setting up camp, setting up a tent and whatnot. Um, during the day, I'm usually cycling, actually cycling for 5 to 6 hours a day and then taking two or three hours off, various breaks, and eating lunch and whatnot, and then usually in the afternoon, I stop and buy some food, that I can cook, so I can cook dinner in camp and have breakfast the next morning. Oh, that's pretty cool.

泰瑞:一天的行程,基本上我在自行車旅行時是露營,所以我大概會在日出的時候起牀,有時我會在日出前起牀,我要收拾露營用品,把睡袋裝進包裏、把氣墊牀捲起來、把帳篷收好,然後開始吃早飯,一般我會準備好日常用品好再出發。我會在早上七點或七點半左右出發,這要取決於太陽升起的時間。我喜歡在清晨騎自行車,因爲那個時候天氣涼爽而且能看到很多野生動物,我認爲那是一天中相對美好的時間,尤其是在夏天騎行時,隨着時間一天天過去,天氣越來越暖和,下午的時候我會找好露營地,然後又是一樣的過程,把帳篷支好等諸如此類的事情。嗯……一般我每天騎行五六個小時,然後休息兩三個小時,吃午飯或之類的,下午的時候我會停下來買一些食物,這樣我就可以在營地做晚飯和第二天的早飯了。這非常酷。

Todd: So you just pay for everything with a credit card, or you bring cash, or?

託德:你買東西是用信用卡還是現金?

Terry: Oh, both. Especially in the Unites States, with debit cards you can get cash back when you're buying food at a grocery store or so. It's always nice to have cash to pay for incidentals and...

泰瑞:哦,都會用到。尤其像在美國,你用借記卡在雜貨店之類的地方買食物會返還現金。用現金買一些小東西非常方便。

Todd: Well, that's interesting. You said that you see wildlife. What wildlife would you see?

託德:這很有趣。你說過你看到過野生動物。你看到了什麼野生動物?

Terry: Oh, on this trip, as an example: elk and deer and raccoon and possums and turtles and snakes and all kinds of wildlife.

泰瑞:哦,以這次旅行爲例:我看到了麋鹿、梅花鹿、浣熊、負鼠、烏龜、蛇等各種野生動物。

Todd: You know, have you almost ever hit an animal?

託德:你有沒有撞到過動物?

Terry: I haven't. I don't think I've ever come close to hitting an animal, no.

泰瑞:沒有。我想我離它們的距離不足以撞到它們。

Todd: Well, speaking of being hit, have you had any close calls with cars?

託德:說到被撞,你有沒有差點被汽車撞到的經歷?

Terry: Um, well, that's kind of, I think goes with the territory, so to speak. I've never come close to getting hit but I certainly feel like on occasion, I've been, I've had vehicles come closer to me that I wanted them to close, and, kind of, the real bug-a-boo for cyclists is logging trucks, and back east, coal trucks, they're just, they can be really terrifying when they are going by and you're cycling down the road.

泰瑞:嗯,我覺得可以這麼說,這是難免的。我會和汽車保持距離,從來沒有被撞過,不過有時我喜歡汽車離我近些,我想讓它們近一些,對騎車族來說真正的威脅是木材車和煤車,在騎行時要是這些車經過你旁邊會非常可怕。

Todd: I bet. Wow. OK, thanks Terry.

託德:我相信。哇,好的,謝謝你,泰瑞。

美語情景對話 第529期:Daily Routine 日常生活

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. pack up
打點(行裝);
eg. He packed up and was ready to go.
他整理好行裝準備出發。
eg. I'll have to pack up as quickly as possible.
我要儘快地打點行裝。
2. roll up
卷;繞;使成筒狀(或球狀);
eg. Stein rolled up the paper bag with the money inside.
斯坦把裝了錢的紙袋捲了起來。
eg. We will need to roll up the carpet.
我們得把地毯捲起來。
3. hit the road
出發;動身;
eg. I was relieved to get back in the car and hit the road again.
回到車裏重新上路後,我鬆了一口氣。
eg. Let hit the road, or we will be late the show.
讓我們出發吧,不然看演出就晚了
4. and whatnot
這一類的東西;諸如此類的東西;
eg. The women were there in their jeans and T-shirts and overalls and whatnot.
女人們穿着牛仔褲、T恤、工裝褲等等這類衣服在那個地方。
eg. I like to read books on different topics - medicine, energy, arts and whatnot.
我喜歡看各種不同科目的書,像醫學、能源、藝術等等。
5. speaking of
(接過話頭引入新話題)說到…,談到…;
eg. Speaking of playing the piano, I am all thumbs.
說起彈鋼琴,我真是笨手笨腳的。
eg. Speaking of tennis, Daniel is the best.
說起網球,丹尼爾纔是最棒的。
6. close call
勉強脫險;倖免於難;
eg. Joe had a close call when his motorbike nearly collided with a lorry.
喬的摩托車差點同卡車相撞,他僥倖地躲過了。
eg. The bus almost ran him over. It was a close call.
那輛汽車差點把他碾死,真可謂死裏逃生。
7. so to speak
可以說;可謂;
eg. I ought not to tell you but I will, since you're in the family, so to speak.
我本來不該告訴你的,但我還是要這麼做,因爲好歹你是家裏的一員。
eg. The five countries have now all passed, so to speak, their entry test.
可以說,這5個國家現在都已經通過了入門考試。
8. on occasion
偶爾;間或;有時;
eg. He treated them seriously and, on occasion, entertained them hilariously.
他對待他們嚴肅認真,偶爾又逗得他們捧腹不已。
eg. He has been known on occasion to lose his temper.
大家都知道他有時會發脾氣。