當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第279期:Sunday 週日

美語情景對話 第279期:Sunday 週日

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.31W 次

Todd: Hello, Adrienne!

託德:你好,埃德里安娜!

Adrienne: Hi, Todd!

埃德里安娜:託德,你好!

Todd: How are you?

託德:你好嗎?

Adrienne: Fine, how are you?

埃德里安娜:我很好,你呢?

Todd: Good. Adrienne, can we talk about what you like to do on Sunday morning?

託德:我很好。埃德里安娜,你能談談你週日上午喜歡做什麼嗎?

Adrienne: Usually, on Sunday mornings, I like to sleep as late as possible.

埃德里安娜:通常情況下,我週日上午會盡量睡懶覺。

Todd: Sleep, huh! Like how late do you normally sleep?

託德:睡覺,哈!你通常睡到多晚起牀呢?

Adrienne: Um, probably until 10 or 11 o'clock.

埃德里安娜:嗯,大概10點或11點起牀吧。

Todd: Ooh, that's pretty late.

託德:哦,那真挺晚的。

Adrienne: I know. That's the best part.

埃德里安娜:我知道。那是最棒的部分。

Todd: That's terrible actually.

託德:實際上那挺糟糕的。

Adrienne: It's not terrible. It's good for you. You can catch up on your sleep, from a busy week.

埃德里安娜:並不糟糕啊。這對你有好處。在一週的繁忙工作過後,你可以補充睡眠。

Todd: Yeah, but don't you think you're giving away the best time of the day. Like that's, if you sleep, you give away that time. You're never going to have it back.

託德:嗯,不過你不認爲你在浪費一天中最好的時光嗎?就像,如果你睡覺的話,就是在消耗時間。你就再也找不回那些時間了。

Adrienne: But, it's also relaxing which is something that you don't get to do during the week.

埃德里安娜:可是,這是在放鬆啊,在一週裏不用做事情的時間。

Todd: Mm, that's true. That's true. But for me, it's, I like to get up early. I mean, do you ever get up early on Saturday or Sunday?

託德:嗯,的確是。不過對我來說,我喜歡早起。我的意思是,你週六或週日早起過嗎?

Adrienne: Ah, sometimes, if I have an activity planned for the day - errands, shopping, hiking - that kind of thing.

埃德里安娜:嗯,有時吧,如果那天有計劃,比如出去辦事,購物,去遠足,如果有類似這樣的計劃的話。

Todd: OK, well, what about food. What do you normally eat?

託德:好,那食物呢。你通常都吃什麼?

Adrienne: On Sundays? I like to make an omelet for breakfast, ah, cheese omelet usually.

埃德里安娜:週日嗎?早餐我喜歡吃煎蛋卷,通常是奶酪煎蛋卷。

Todd: What do you put inside the omelet besides cheese?

託德:除了奶酪,你還在煎蛋卷裏放什麼?

Adrienne: Mushrooms (Ooh, that's good) and sometimes avocado, if I can find it. It's delicious.

埃德里安娜:蘑菇(哦,那很好),有時會放牛油果,如果我能找到的話就放。非常好吃。

Todd: Do you do this every Sunday?

託德:每週日你都吃這個嗎?

Adrienne: No, it's not a habit but when I can, when I think of it, when I'm up early enough.

埃德里安娜:不是,這並不是習慣,只是我有時間做,或是我想吃的時候,還有就是我起的足夠早的時候才吃。

Todd: OK, well, let's talk about last sunday? What did you do last Sunday? Do you remember?

託德:好的,我們說說上週日的事吧。上週日你做了什麼?你還記得嗎?

Adrienne: Mm, last Sunday? I was packing.

埃德里安娜:嗯,上週日?我在收拾行李。

Todd: Packing for what?

託德:爲什麼收拾行李?

Adrienne: To come to Japan.

埃德里安娜:準備來日本。

Todd: Oh, yeah! So where did you come from?

託德:哦,對!你來自哪裏?

Adrienne: I came from Minneapolis.

埃德里安娜:我來自明尼阿波利斯。

Todd: OK. How long was your flight?

託德:好。你做了多長時間的飛機?

Adrienne: 14 hours.

埃德里安娜:14個小時。

Todd: Ooh, that's long!

託德:這麼長時間啊!

Adrienne: Give or take, yeah.

埃德里安娜:差不多這麼長時間,對。

Todd: Did you sleep on the plane?

託德:你在飛機上睡覺了嗎?

Adrienne: I did. 2 hours, and then I was up, and then 1 hour, and then I was up, and then 20 minutes and then 40 minutes.

德里安娜:嗯,我睡了兩個小時,之後我醒了,然後又睡了一個小時,然後又醒了,然後又睡了20分鐘,之後又睡了40分鐘。

Todd: So, it was never solid?

託德:沒有長時間睡眠嗎?

Adrienne: No, sporadic. We had a lot of turbulence.

埃德里安娜:沒有,偶爾睡一下。我們遇到了許多紛擾。

Todd: Ooh, what's turbulence?

託德:啊,都發生什麼事了?

Adrienne: Turbulence is when the plane hits some kind of air pockets and bounces around. You have to put your seatbelt on so you don't get knocked over.

埃德里安娜:飛機遇到氣穴,會產生顛簸。你必須要繫好安全帶避免摔倒。

Todd: Yeah, they go "bong!"

託德:對,會發出嗓音!

Adrienne: Exactly!

埃德里安娜:沒錯!

美語情景對話 第279期:Sunday 週日

重點講解
1. catch up on
補做;趕做;
eg. I was catching up on a bit of reading.
當時我在忙着讀些東西。
eg. You ought to lie in tomorrow and catch up on your sleep.
明天你該晚些起牀,多睡會兒。
2. give away
喪失,失去,錯失;
eg. We gave away a silly goal.
我們愚蠢地白送了對方一分。
eg. He wants to give away all his modern possessions and return to nature.
他要捨棄一切時髦的東西而歸真返璞。
3. give or take
相差不到…;出入至多…;
eg. They grow to a height of 12 ins — give or take a couple of inches.
它們會長到12英寸高——出入至多幾英寸。
eg. It will take an hour, give or take a few minutes either way.
那要花一個小時,上下差不了幾分鐘。