當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第534期:Italian Cities 意大利城市

美語情景對話 第534期:Italian Cities 意大利城市

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.22K 次

Todd: So Marion, you've lived in Italy. (Yes) Italy has many favorite cities. Can you talk a little bit about them?

託德:瑪里昂,你曾在意大利生活過。(對)意大利有許多受歡迎的城市。你能談談這些城市嗎?

Marion: Sure, well the first city I lived in was Genoa. And Genoa is on the Riviera, so it's a very beautiful place. It's a port city, so my apartment was actually looking out over the port, so I had a great apartment. It was a great view. Genoa has a very old center, so the buildings are hundreds and hundreds of years old obviously but it's quite dirty, well I don't really want to say dirty, but it's not very well looked after, the historical center, which is a pity but it does have really a lot of character. I really liked it.

瑪里昂:當然可以,我去的第一個意大利城市是熱那亞。熱那亞在裏維埃拉地區,所以那是個非常漂亮的地方。熱那亞是個港口城市,那裏的許多公寓都可以俯瞰港口,我住的公寓就很棒,視野非常好。熱那亞有一個古老的中心,那裏的建築都有數百年的歷史,不過那裏很髒,雖然我真的很不想用髒來形容,不過熱那亞歷史中心並沒有得到好的保護,這點有些遺憾,不過意熱那亞確實很有特色。我非常喜歡那裏。

Todd: So what other cities have you been to?

託德:你還去過哪些城市?

Marion: Well, I've been to Rome of course. I've been to Rome a few times. I think it's one of my favorite cities actually. I love the fact that in Rome, you walk out of your hotel, or wherever you're staying and you're just surrounded by history, by this amazing, you know, the Coliseum for example. Actually the first time I ever arrived in Italy, I came from the airport directly to the Coliseum station and I walked out the door of that metro station and there was the Coliseum in front of me. It was one of those moments. It was "Ah, my God!" and there was a full moon up to the left of the coliseum. It was like, almost too perfect, too good to be true.

瑪里昂:我還去了羅馬。我去過羅馬幾次。我認爲羅馬是我最喜歡的城市之一。我喜歡羅馬的原因是,你走出酒店後會發現,無論你在哪裏都能感覺到濃濃的歷史氛圍,這非常不可思議,以古羅馬鬥獸場爲例,實際上在我第一次去意大利的時候,我從機場直接去了古羅馬鬥獸場,我走出地鐵站後看到古羅馬鬥獸場就在我眼前。當時我想:“哦,我的天哪!”那時古羅馬鬥獸場左邊懸掛着一輪滿月。那種感覺太完美了,完美的不真實。

Todd: Ah, did you get a chance to go to Venice?

託德:你有沒有去過威尼斯?

Marion: Yes, I did. Actually, I went to Venice several times. The first time I went was great. We had a chance to travel around, or walk around, and see the city for ourselves. It's really amazing, you know all these bridges, and if you want to get anywhere you have to hop on a boat, and the second time I went though, it was for Carnival, Carnivale, that was amazing thing, so everybody is dressed up in their costumes, and the costumes are really, really elaborate actually and people were having their faces painted, that kind of thing, and everybody was in really good spirits, you know. It was a great occasion.

瑪里昂:去過。我去過威尼斯很多次。第一次去的時候非常棒。我們有機會可以四處轉轉,親自去領略這個城市的魅力。那真是太神奇了,威尼斯有很多橋,如果你想去任何一個地方,你都要坐船去,我第二次去威尼斯的時候趕上狂歡節,簡直難以置信,所有人都穿着異常華麗的戲服,臉上塗抹着油彩,精神抖擻。那個活動非常精彩。

Todd: Sounds fun. And lastly did you get a chance to go to Florence?

託德:聽起來很有趣。那你去過佛羅倫薩嗎?

Marion: Yes, I did actually. I went often because I lived an hour away in Pisa, and so Florence is amazing, it's just maybe the most cultural city after Rome as regards art galleries and that kind of thing and just the city itself. It's all that kind of Terra Cotta hues of the buildings, you know, and big piazzas, lots of statues and it has a bit of a rich feel to it actually, so, yeah. It's a really good place to people watch as well.

瑪里昂:我去過。我經常去那裏,因爲我住在比薩時離佛羅倫薩只有1小時的車程,佛羅倫薩也很棒,在藝術博物館和城市本身方面,佛羅倫薩可能是除羅馬以外最具文化氛圍的城市。佛羅倫薩的建築都鑲嵌着彩色瓷磚,還有很多大型廣場以及雕像,這些都給我一種奢華的感覺。那是很值得遊覽的城市。

Todd: And Milan, did you get a chance to go to Milan?

託德:那米蘭呢,你去過米蘭嗎?

Marion: Yeah, I stayed with a friend in Milan actually for a couple of weeks. Just a few years ago, even though I had passed through before, I didn't really like it because it's a big built up city, lots of smog and pollution, but when I stayed there with my friend and got to know it a bit better, I ended up quite liking it.

瑪里昂:去過,我和一個朋友在米蘭呆了幾周的時間。幾年前我去那裏的時候我完全不喜歡米蘭,因爲那是一個建築物密集的城市,有許多霧和污染,可是我和朋友住在那裏的時候,我對解米蘭這個城市有了更深的瞭解,最後我喜歡上了這個城市。

Todd: Ok, well, lastly, real quickly, if somebody was going to Italy, and there was only one city they could see, what would you recommend?

託德:好,最後一個小問題,如果有人要去意大利,可是他們只能遊覽意大利的一個城市,你會推薦哪裏?

Marion: It would Rome, absolutely. Yeah.

瑪里昂:那絕對是羅馬。

Todd: OK. Thanks a lot Marion.

託德:好。非常謝謝你,瑪里昂。

Marion: You're welcome.

瑪里昂:不客氣。

美語情景對話 第534期:Italian Cities 意大利城市

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. too good to be true
好得令人難以置信;
eg. On the whole the celebrations were remarkably good-humoured and peaceful. Indeed, it seemed almost too good to be true.
總體上,慶典活動一派快樂祥和。事實上,簡直好得讓人難以置信。
eg. The news is almost too good to be true.
這消息簡直好得難以置信。
2. dress up
裝扮;打扮;
eg. The girls all dressed up to take part in the evening party.
姑娘們全都打扮起來去參加晚會。
eg. You do not need to dress up for dinner.
你們不必特意盛裝赴宴。
3. as regards
至於;關於;
eg. I have little information as regards his past.
我對他過去的情況不太瞭解。
eg. As regards the second point, we can discuss it at another meeting.
至於第二點,我們可以在下一次會上討論。