當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第415期:City to City 城市

美語情景對話 第415期:City to City 城市

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.69K 次

Ruth: So, Akane, you're from Canada, right?

魯斯:茜,你來自加拿大,對吧?

Akane: That's right.

茜:沒錯。

Ruth: Tell me about where you live.

魯斯:跟我說說你住的地方。

Akane: Well, I grew up in Toronto, and it's quite a big city. In the greater Toronto area, there's about, I think3 1/2 million people just now and it's very multicultural and that's one of the things that I really like about Toronto is that there're many different people from many different countries.

茜:我在多倫多長大,那是一個非常大的城市。我想現在大多倫多地區有350萬人口,而且那是擁有多元文化的城市,這也是我喜歡多倫多的一點,因爲有許多來自不同國家的人。

Ruth: And do you live in Toronto now?

魯斯:那你現在還住在多倫多嗎?

Akane: No, actually, I haven't lived there for a year now I think, almost, actually more than that, because I've been travelling and working and what not.

茜:實際上不住了,我想我離開那裏有一年了,可能比一年的時間還長,因爲我一直在四處旅行、工作。

Ruth: Oh, right. What's your job?

魯斯:哦,好。你做什麼工作?

Akane: I'm actually a teacher.

茜:實際上我是一名老師。

Ruth: Do you teach children or adults?

魯斯:你是教孩子還是教成年人?

Akane: Usually I do. I am mostly trained to teach younger children, but recently I've begun teaching older students, or young adults, and I quite enjoy it actually.

茜:通常是這樣,我接受的培訓主要針對教育小孩子,但是近來我開始教年齡大一些的學生或是年輕人,我非常享受。

Ruth: So which do you prefer?

魯斯:那你更喜歡哪種?

Akane: Well, they both have good parts and bad parts and I think in the future I would like to do a bit of both.

茜:嗯,各有各的好處和壞處,我想以後我會想兩者兼做。

Ruth: Do you know where you would like to live in the future?

魯斯:那你以後想住在哪裏呢?

Akane: I have no idea. I would like to travel to different places and maybe I'll eventually settle back down in Toronto, where I'm from.

茜:我不知道。我喜歡去不同的地方旅行,也許我最終還是會回到故鄉多倫多定居。

Ruth: Do you have family in Toronto?

魯斯:你有家人在多倫多嗎?

Akane: Not at the moment, no. My parents moved to Vancouver and that's where they live right now.

茜:現在沒有。我父母搬去溫哥華了,他們現在就住在那裏。

Ruth: Ah, Vancouver, is that in Canada was well?

魯斯:啊,溫哥華,那也是加拿大的城市吧?

Akane: That's right. It's on the West Coast of Canada and the weather is much warmer there and that's why my parents like it there.

茜:沒錯。溫哥華位於加拿大的西海岸,那裏的天氣更溫暖,所以我父母喜歡那裏。

Ruth: Oh, wow, it sounds nice.

魯斯:哦,哇,聽起來不錯。

美語情景對話 第415期:City to City 城市

重點講解
1. have no idea
(表示強調)我不知道;
eg. I have no idea why he resigned his post.
我不知道他爲何辭去他的職務。
eg. Sponsor stated they have no idea where he is.
贊助方表示他們不知道他在哪兒。
2. settle down
(尤指結婚或買房後)定居,安頓下來;
eg. One day I'll want to settle down and have a family.
總有一天,我會想安定下來,成個家。
eg. He's of an age when he ought to settle down.
他已經到了應該安頓下來的年齡了。
3. at the moment
此刻;目前;眼下;
eg. I think she feels desperately wounded and unloved at the moment.
我想她此刻定會覺得受到了極大的傷害,無人關愛。
eg. I must say I am really enjoying myself at the moment.
我得說此刻我感到非常愉快。