當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 吸血鬼日記S03E05筆記:從現在開始,你由我罩着

吸血鬼日記S03E05筆記:從現在開始,你由我罩着

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.54W 次

1、You're holding on to something.

吸血鬼日記S03E05筆記:從現在開始,你由我罩着

你隱瞞了一些事情。


hold on to

緊緊抓住;保留;不放棄


e.g: The soldiers held on to the bridge for three more days.

士兵們緊緊看守着這座橋已經3天了。


2、I thought I'd give it a shot.

想試試嘛。


give it a shot = try to do it

試一下


e.g: I didn't think I had much chance of winning the race, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

我覺得我沒有機會贏得比賽,但我覺得我應該試一下。


3、You can stop playing dumb now.

你現在就別裝傻了。


play dumb

裝傻


e.g: ‘What is it?’ I asked, playing dumb.

我裝傻地問道:“這是什麼?”。


4、Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met.

別擔心,我們上次相遇時我不太清醒。


not right in the head

瘋瘋癲癲,精神錯亂


e.g: If I walk in looking like that, they'll think I'm not right in the head.

我要是像那樣走路,人們會覺得我精神錯亂。


5、We're not going anywhere until you spill your guts.

你不說清你的鬼主意我們哪都不去。


spill your guts

把自己知道的都說出來;告知隱私;告知個人祕密


e.g: Bcause I wanted to be a quiet listener when you wanted to spill your guts.

因爲我想在你想傾訴的時候做一個安靜的聆聽者。


6、The best shot at taking out Klaus is by finding Michael.

找到邁克爾纔是除掉克勞斯的最佳選擇。


shot at (doing) sth.

試圖做某事;有機會做某事


e.g: If Lewis won his next fight, he would be guaranteed a shot at the title.

如果Lewis贏了下一場比賽,他將有機會贏得此頭銜。


take somebody/something out

殺掉某人,毀掉某物


e.g: The building was taken out by a bomb.

這個建築被一顆炸彈毀掉了。


7、From now on, you're under my protection. Mmm, by all means.

從現在開始,你由我罩着。嗯,當然。


by all means = of course

當然


e.g: 'Can I bring Alan?' 'By all means!'

“我能帶走艾倫嗎?”“當然!”