當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1826期:全力以赴

迷你對話學地道口語第1826期:全力以赴

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.21K 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1826期:全力以赴

A: I don't know why you change your mind. You are looking forward to traveling abroad, aren't you?

我不知道你爲什麼改變主意,你不是一直渴望到國外旅遊嗎?

B: Yeah. But I must buckle down on my study this holiday. If I fail the entrance examination, my parents will be very disappointed.

是的,但是這個假期我必須努力學習。如果我沒有通過升學考試,我的父母會很失望的。

A: I see.

我明白了。

第二,地道表達

buckle down

1. 解詞釋義

Buckle down的意思是“開始認真幹”,其英文解釋爲:To put forth maximum effort toward something, especially after not having done so.表示“認真,全力以赴做某事”,在短語的後面的用介詞on,即:buckle down on something.

2. 拓展範例

e.g. If you want to get a passing grade this semester, you'll really need to buckle down and study hard.

要是你這學期想通過考試的話,你真得用功唸書。

e.g. The only way we'll meet the schedule is to buckle down and get on with the job.

我們要完成計劃的唯一辦法是全力以赴,繼續工作。

e.g. Johnny found he'd better buckle down on getting himself a job.

約翰尼發現自己還得下功夫找個工作。

第三,語彙積累

1. change one's mind:改變主意

e.g. I hope you wouldn't chop and change your mind so often.

我希望你不要總是反覆無常。

e.g. She' ll work on him to make him change his mind.

她將努力說服他改變主意。

2. look forward to:期待,期盼,渴望

e.g. I look forward to your letters almost madly, and your handwriting makes my heart beat as if I were a schoolgirl.

我發瘋般地盼着你的來信,而你的手跡弄得我心兒劇跳,彷彿我還是個中學生。

e.g. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to receiving your order early.

謝謝你方合作並盼望早日接到你方訂單。

3. fail the examination:沒有通過考試

e.g. Do something about your English, or you will fail the college entrance examination.

你的英語該加把勁了,不然你高考會失敗的。