當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1819期:拼命,努力

迷你對話學地道口語第1819期:拼命,努力

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.27W 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1819期:拼命,努力

A: I am exhausted these days.

這些天,我都快累死了。

B: What are you doing?

你在做什麼?

A: I broke my neck in preparing for the final exams. Sometimes I had to burn the midnight oil.

我在拼命複習,準備期末考試。有時候還得熬夜。

B: If you have worked hard at usual time, you needn't stay up now.

如果你在平時就努力學習的話,現在就不用熬夜了。

第二,地道表達

break one's neck

1. 解詞釋義

Break one's neck的意思是“拼命、努力地”“盡一切力量”。表示“拼命,努力做做某事”或者“盡一切力量做某事”,在短語後面用介詞in或者on,即:break one's neck in doing somethingbreak one's neck on something。還可以用這個表述法:break one's neck trying to do something

2. 拓展範例

e.g. Don't break your neck on the work, you have plenty of time.

你不用那麼拼命地工作,有的是時間。

e.g. I'm not going to break my neck in finishing my essay today because my teacher doesn't want it until next week.

我今天不想玩命寫完那篇文章,老師下星期纔要呢。

e.g. I've been breaking my neck rying to get a passing grade this semester, so failing by two measly points is incredibly frustrating.

我一直在拼命學習就是盡力考試及格,所以僅僅2分之差沒有及格真讓人沮喪極了。

e.g. Don't break your neck trying to please these people—they'll never appreciate it.

不要拼命去取悅於那些人,因爲他們永遠都不會感激的。

第三,視野拓展

1. burn the midnight oil:開夜車,熬夜

e.g. Some of the students often burn the midnight oil before exams.

一些學生常在考試前開夜車。

e.g. It looks like we'll have to burn the midnight oil again tonight.

看來我們今晚又要開夜車了。

2. stay up:熬夜

e.g. I am going to stay up late to finish my paper.

爲了完成報告我打算熬夜不睡。

e.g. He could stay up nights and sleep the whole day through.

他能幾夜不睡,又能整天睡覺。

3. work hard:努力學習

e.g. I have been very lazy but I am going to turn over a new leaf and work hard.

我一向很懶,但我準備改正,用功學習。

e.g. Did John work hard at college ? What for ?

約翰在大學學習很用功嗎?他爲了什麼?