當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1811期:極力支持,大事渲染

迷你對話學地道口語第1811期:極力支持,大事渲染

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.23K 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 50%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1811期:極力支持,大事渲染

A: What are they discussing now?

他們正在討論什麼?

B: They are going to hold a welcome party for the new comer.

他們將爲新生舉辦迎新晚會。

A: I would beat the drum for them.

我全力支持他們。

第二,地道表達

beat the drum

1. 解詞釋義

Beat the drum的意思是:to promote or support someone or something,用中文來說則是:促進某事,支持某人,大肆鼓吹。它通常和介詞for連用,即:beat the drum for someone。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. I spent a lot of time beating the drum for our plans for the future.

我花費了很多的時間來宣傳我們的計劃。

e.g. The senator is only banging the drum for his special interests.

這位參議員只是在爲他的特殊利益而鼓吹。

e.g. At first the legislation didn't seem to have much support, but recently I've seen some people beating the drum online.

起初這項立法似乎沒有得到多少支持,但最近我看到一些人在網上大肆宣傳。

e.g. Quit beating the drum for that applicant—he is simply not qualified for the job.

別再爲那個應徵者吹噓了——他根本不適合這份工作。

第三,視野拓展

hold a party:舉辦晚會

e.g. We hold a party for our new colleagues as a gesture of friendship.

我們爲新同事舉辦了一個聚會以示友善。

e.g. We 'd like to hold a party for him. Can you come over with your wife and your son ?

我們想爲他舉辦個人慶祝會,哪天你和夫人,兒子一塊過來?