當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1982期:究竟,到底

迷你對話學地道口語第1982期:究竟,到底

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.19K 次

第一,情景對話

ing-bottom: 47.34%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1982期:究竟,到底

A: Why did you stand there without a word?

你怎麼站那兒一句話也沒有?

B: I didn't know what on earth to answer.

我不知到底該說些什麼。

A: Then, why did you say sorry to the teacher?

那你怎麼不和老師說你抱歉?

B: I don't know, I just felt afraid at that time.

我也不清楚自己是怎麼回事,那會兒我就是覺得害怕。

A: You should change it.

你該把這一點改掉。

第二,詞海拾貝

on earth:到底,究竟

e.g. “What on earth are you so grave about?” she suddenly demanded.

她突然問道:“你這副愁眉苦臉的樣子,是有什麼心事嗎?”

e.g. How on earth did you manage to get the car started?

你到底是怎麼把汽車發動起來的?

e.g. Why on earth did they bother to get married?

他們幹麼費那麼大事去結婚?

e.g. How on earth could I have made so grave a mistake?

我怎麼會犯如此大錯呢?

第三, 語彙積累

1. without a word:一聲不吭地,一言不發地

e.g. He walked straight by without a word or without even raising his hat.

他照直走了過去,一句話也不說,甚至也沒有舉帽致敬。

e.g. Tom swept up the broken glass without a word of reproof to his son.

湯姆把碎玻璃掃乾淨,沒說一句責備兒子的話。

e.g. He intruded himself into the conversation without a word of apology.

他連招呼都不打就插進來講話。

e.g. He hurried by without a word.

他匆匆地走過去沒有說一句話。

2. say sorry to:向……道歉

e.g. You'll say sorry to me for your impertinence, or you'll quit the office instantly!

你這樣放肆,非向我道歉不可!不然,你給我馬上滾!

e.g. I really ought to say sorry to you for having stood in your light so long.

我早就該向你道歉,我阻礙了你的前程有這麼久。

He had the grace to say sorry to me for the insulting remark.

他通情達理地向我道了歉。