當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1899期:經歷磨難或痛苦嘛

迷你對話學地道口語第1899期:經歷磨難或痛苦嘛

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.1W 次

第一,情景對話

padding-bottom: 100%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1899期:經歷磨難或痛苦嘛

A: I hear you are planning to go abroad?

聽說你打算出國

B: Yeah. I'm making preparations.

是的。我正在準備。

A: Have you thought it over? It's not easy to live in a strange country.

你考慮好了嗎?在一個陌生的國家生活不是一件容易的事。

B: I know. But I want to see more while I'm young.

我知道。但我想在年輕的時候多見識見識。

A: I agree. Going through the mill in one's life is not a bad thing.

A我同意你的看法。一個人在生活中經受些磨難倒不是什麼壞事。

第二,詞海拾貝

go through the mill

變異:be through the mill

exp. To experience a very difficult period in your life with many problems.(經歷磨難或痛苦

e.g. She's been through the mill these last few years — the collapse of her marriage and her career and a serious illness on top of that.

在過去的幾年裏,她經歷了磨難和痛苦:家庭的分裂,事業的崩潰,除此之外,還患上重病。

e.g. It's been an incredibly tough tour and we have all been through the mill.

這是一次非常艱難的旅行,我們都經歷了磨難。

e.g. I went through the mill as a kid in high school.

當我還是個高中生的時候,我經歷了很多磨難。

第三,語彙積累

1.go abroad:出國

e.g. He saved up his money so that he might go abroad for his vacation.

他攢錢以便他能到國外度假。

e.g. Mark was going for the scholarship in order to go abroad.

馬克想拿到獎學金出國唸書。

2.make a preparation:準備

e.g. Then what should a secretary do to make a preparation for a meeting?

那麼祕書應做些什麼樣的準備工作呢?

e.g. Driven beyond endurance, they led the villagers to arm themselves and make a preparation for action.

他們忍無可忍,領導鄉親們拿起武器準備行動。

3.think over:認真考慮

e.g. Think over the matter and then make a decision.

這件事情斟酌斟酌再定。

e.g. Elinor was then at liberty to think over the representations of her mother.

埃莉諾此時能自由地去思考她母親的陳述了。

e.g. I'll think over your suggestion again.

我將再次仔細考慮你的建議。

in a strange country:在異國他鄉,在一個陌生的國家