當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1960期:完全承認,全盤托出

迷你對話學地道口語第1960期:完全承認,全盤托出

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.7W 次

第一, 情景對話

padding-bottom: 52.81%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1960期:完全承認,全盤托出

A: You're restless. Are you in trouble?

你老是不安,有麻煩嗎?

B: I've done something I shouldn't.

做了件不該做的事。

A: Then make a clean breast of it, you'll feel released.

就徹底懺悔一下吧,你會感覺輕鬆一些的。

B: I've not decided yet.

我還沒決定呢。

第二, 詞海拾貝

make a clean breast of

exp. To confess one's misdeeds or wrongdoings. (完全承認了,全盤托出)

e.g. I felt so guilty about cheating on the test that I had to make a clean breast of it to my teacher.

我對考試作弊感到很內疚,所以我不得不向老師坦白。

e.g. His guilty conscience forced him to make a clean breast of everything.

他的內疚使得他把一切和盤托出。

e.g. The police urged the criminal to make a clean breast of everything.

警察督促犯人坦白說出一切。

e.g. If worst came to worst, he could make a clean breast of it to Butler and receive aid.

如果到了最壞的情況,他可以對巴特勒推心置腹而受到資助。

第三, 語彙積累

1. restless:靜不下來的, 不能安寧的(尤指因厭煩﹑ 煩躁﹑ 焦慮等)

e.g. The children grew restless with the long wait.

孩子們等了很久便着急了。

e.g. After only a month in the job, he felt restless and decided to leave.

那工作他只幹了一個月就厭倦了, 決定不幹了。

2. in trouble:處於困境,處於不幸之中

e.g. If you get in trouble, don't hesitate to ask for advice.

如果碰到麻煩, 要趕緊向人求教。

e.g. We' re in trouble ; this is no time for contention.

我們處境很困難,現在不是爭論的時候。