當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1962期:出某人的洋相

迷你對話學地道口語第1962期:出某人的洋相

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.16W 次

第一, 情景對話

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1962期:出某人的洋相

A: I feel very miserable.

我簡直沮喪極了。

B: What has happened?

怎麼了?

A: I made a fool of myself in the presence of my fellow-students.

我在全班同學面前出了洋相。

B: Oh, cheer up. Nobody will laugh at you.

沒什麼,高興點,沒人會笑你的。

第二, 詞海拾貝

make a fool of (someone or oneself)

exp. To do something that makes someone or oneself seem stupid or ridiculous. 出某人的洋相)

e.g. I'm not going to dance too much at the party because I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of my coworkers.

我不想在聚會上跳太多舞,因爲我不想在同事面前出醜。

e.g. I know Greg is only trying to impress Lisa, but he's making a fool of himself by telling so many corny jokes.

我知道格雷格只是想給麗莎留下好印象,但他講了那麼多老掉牙的笑話,簡直是在出洋相。

e.g. Don't let him make a fool of you like that—say something back!

別讓他那樣愚弄你——回敬他幾句!

e.g. Don't have any more to do with him, he's trying to make a fool of you.

別再跟他更多地打交道,他在捉弄你了。

第三, 語彙積累

1. in the presence of:在……的面前,有……在場

e.g. I feel strange in the presence of strangers.

在陌生人面前,我感到不自在。

e.g. He signed his name in the presence of two witnesses.

他當着兩個證人的面鑑了名子。

2. cheer up:高興起來,使振奮

e.g. Cheer up, man. Things are not as bad as you think.

振作點,老兄。情況沒你想的那麼嚴重。

e.g. Cheer up. It'll all come right in the end.

想開些,到頭來總會好的。

3. laugh at:笑話……,嘲笑……

e.g. I advise you not to laugh at the official warnings.

我建議你不要不顧官方的警告。

e.g. He thinks he can laugh at me, but I'll settle with him soon.

他以爲他嘲笑我之後就算完事了, 我馬上就要找他算這筆帳。