當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第207期:在內心深處

英語口語練習小對話 第207期:在內心深處

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第207期:在內心深處

A: Are you really dating with Frank?

你真的和弗蘭克約會了嗎?

B: Yeah. But in my heart of hearts, I find he’s not very much to my liking.

是的,可是,我從心眼裏並不喜歡他。

A: Then why not keep away from him?

那麼幹嘛不離開他了?

B: The problem is that I just have no one to turn to right now.

問題是我目前還沒有找到更好的人。

A: That’s stupid.

那樣做是很愚蠢的。

地道表達:

in one’s heart of hearts

解詞釋義:

此語出自莎士比亞悲劇《哈姆雷特》第三部第二場。哈姆雷特說:“我的靈魂深處就像你對我一樣。”in one’s heart of hearts現在是一個成語,意思是“在內心深處,在心底裏”。

支持範例:

I said I loved her, but in my heart of hearts I knew it wasn't true.

我說我愛她,可是在內心深處我知道這不是真的。

In her heart of hearts, where the love should have burned, there was a blank.

在她心靈深處,應該燃燒起愛情的地方卻是一片空白。

In his heart of hearts, he sympathized with the strikers and hated this "scab."

但在他的內心深處,他是同情罷工並且憎恨這個"工賊"的。

In his heart of hearts, also, he felt the dignity and use of the police force, which commanded order.

在他的內心深處,他也感受到警察的尊嚴和作用,警察就是要維持秩序。

詞海拾貝:

1. date with:和......約會

Eg. I've got a date with Rita this Saturday night. Can you recommend a good restaurant for us?

本週六晚上我和莉塔有個約會。你能給我們推薦一家好的餐廳嗎?

Eg. He would be ready now to keep a date with some girlfriend.

這時他做好了準備,好去和哪個女友幽會。

Eg. I saw Jane out on a date with a guy last night.

我昨晚看見珍跟一個男人約會。

Eg. Don't you have a date with her, say, once a month?

你沒有同她約定日期嗎,比如一月一次?

2. to one’s liking:合某人的胃口,中某人的意,使人稱心

Eg. I find local cuisine very much to my liking.

我發現當地的飲食很合我的口味。

Eg. Fishing is more to my liking.

釣魚更合我的口味。

Eg. The new arrangement was quite to my liking.

新的安排很合我的意。

Eg. I find classical concerts more to my liking than rock concerts.

我覺得古典音樂會比搖滾音樂會更合我胃口。

3. keep away from:遠離,迴避

Eg. I want to keep away from the world while I am here.

在此期間我要與世隔絕。

Eg. She had begged him to keep away from cards.

她懇求他不要打牌。

Eg. I warned her to keep away from that bad set.

我警告過她不要接近那幫壞蛋。

Eg. They can't keep away from their regular work for long.

他們不能長期離開他們的本職工作。

4. turn to:轉而求助於......,轉而求教於......

Eg. She turned to me for advice.

她求教於我。

Eg. At first,I didn't have a clue why they would turn to me.

開始時,我一點兒也不知道他們爲何會求助於我。

Eg. You can always turn to me when the chips are down.

到了緊要關頭你可以向我求援。

Eg. He's a regular guy and we all like to turn to him when in difficulty.

他是個很可靠的人,我們有困難時都喜歡找他。

Eg. If she did not turn to him--accept of his love--where else might she go?

若是她不投奔他——接受他的愛情——她又能去別的什麼地方呢?