當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第179期:居心叵測

英語口語練習小對話 第179期:居心叵測

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.18K 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第179期:居心叵測

A: One family skeleton of my family was that my younger brother has an axe to grind.

A: 我們家的一個家醜就是我的弟弟居心叵測。

B: What did he aim at?

B: 他的目的是什麼?

A: He began to be interested in finance because he thought he would be able to inherit the family’s fortune.

A: 他認爲他自己能繼承家產而開始對金融感興趣。

B: How could he have such an ill intention? I think your father can see that through.

B: 他的用意怎會如此險惡?我覺得你父親能看穿他的。

地道表達:

have an axe to grind

解詞釋義

grind的本義是“磨碎”。該習語的字面意思是“用斧頭去磨碎”,比喻“心地殘忍”“居心叵測”“別有用心”“有個人打算”等等。

支持範例:

Eg. I even suspected that he might have an axe to grind to help me out.

我甚至懷疑他的幫助是居心叵測。

Eg. I expressly declare here and now that this rumor was made by my relatives who had an axe to grind.

我在這裏明確地聲明這個謠言純系居心叵測的親戚惡意捏造。

Eg. Those who have their axe to grind extol the film star to the skies.

那些別有用心的人把這個電影明星捧得上了天。

詞海拾貝:

1. aim at:目的在於

Eg. We aim at quality rather than quantity.

我們的目的是重質不重量。

Eg. Now we have to aim at the problem and try to get i solved.

現在我們不得不正視這個難題並試圖解決它。

Eg. All the Party's policies aim at the defeat of the Japanese invaders.

黨的一切政策,都是爲着戰勝日寇。

Eg. Some politicians aim at closing the gap between rich and poor.

有些政治家的奮鬥目標在於縮小貧富的差距.

2. an ill intention:有惡意

Eg. Harbour no ill intention against others, but never relax vigilance against evil-doers.

害人之心不可有,防人之心不可無。

3. see through:看穿,識破

Eg. Do you think I don't see through that?

你認爲我沒有看清這一點嗎?

Eg. I see through your game.

我看穿你的把戲了。

Eg. We can see through all your tricks and schemes, so you needn't think you can pull the wool over our eyes.

我們能夠識破你所有的陰謀詭計,所以不必以爲你能矇騙我們。

Eg. We should see through the appearance to the essence.

我們要透過現象看本質。