當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 純正地道美語第288期(外教講解):網上約會

純正地道美語第288期(外教講解):網上約會

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.2K 次

A: Do you want to hang out tomorrow?
明天要不要出去玩兒?

純正地道美語第288期(外教講解):網上約會

B: Oh, I can't. I have a date!
不行,我有約會。

A: Really? Wow with who?
是嗎?跟誰呀?

B: This girl I've been chatting with for the past couple of months. She's really cool and she's driving over here this weekend.
是我最近幾個月在網上聊天認識的一個女孩。她挺酷的,週末開車過來。

A: Wait a minute, you mean you met her online?
打住!你是說你們是在網上認識的?

B: Yeah! I signed up for a website called match. and it is great! You fill in all your details and preferences, like if you are a smoker or if you have any pets. Then you find people that have similar characteristics and you can email them or chat.
是啊。我註冊了一個叫“配對”的網站,可好了!你只要填寫自己的個人信息和尋找的意向,例如本人抽菸、養寵物等等,就可以找到跟你志同道合的人,然後互相發郵件、聊天什麼的。

A: That is kind of weird! What if she is a psycho or something like that?
這有點兒不靠譜。萬一那人是個精神病呢?

B: It's the same as meeting people anywhere and dating them! I am just tired of going to bars or being set up for dates by my friends! I think this is a really cool alternative, especially if you are a bit shy.
這跟在別的地方認識人、跟人約會沒什麼兩樣。我只想跟朋友逛酒吧或者約會什麼的。這其實是一個不錯的選擇,尤其是對於一個內向的人來說。

A: I guess it does seem logical. I'll have to check it out!
我想這還算是說得通吧。有功夫我也去看看。

重點講解

hang out 出去玩兒
chat vi. 閒談,聊天(+about/away/on)
They chatted about the film shown last night.
他們閒聊着昨夜放的電影。
wait a minute = hang on = hold on 等一下,等一會兒,稍後
characteristic n. 特性,特徵,特色
weird adj. 奇怪的,怪異的
What if ...? 萬一……怎麼辦?
What if he doesn't agree?   
如果他不同意該怎麼辦呢?
psycho n. 精神病患者
alternative n. 選擇,供選擇的東西(或辦法)
They had no alternative in the matter.
在這件事上,他們沒有選擇的餘地。