當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語聽力 > 純正地道英語口語聽力

純正地道英語口語聽力

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.85W 次

純正地道的美語口語聽力,我們可以仔細地研磨研磨。下面是本站小編給大家整理的純正地道英語口語聽力,供大家參閱!

純正地道英語口語聽力
  純正地道英語口語聽力:信用不佳

Having Bad Credit 信用不佳

Alisha: This is the second time I’ve been turned down for a credit card in a month. I don’t knowwhat I’m doing wrong.

這是我一個月之內第二次信用卡被拒了。我不知道自己做錯了什麼。

James: Have you checked your credit report recently? Maybe you have a bad credit rating.

你最近有沒有查看信用記錄?或許你的信用評級不好。

Alisha: I have a full-time job with a good income, which they can easily verify, and I don’t haveany outstanding debt, so what could be the problem?

我有一份收入良好的全職工作,他們很容易證實,我也沒有未償付債務,那可能是什麼問題呢?

James: Have you had a credit card before?

你以前有沒有信用卡呢?

Alisha: Yes.

有。

James: Did you always make your payments on time?

你有沒有及時支付呢?

Alisha: Well, no.

哦,沒有。

James: Then that may be your answer. Your payment history makes a big difference with thecredit bureau. If you’ve missed payments or been late, that’s a big strike against you.

可能就是這個問題了。你的支付歷史對信用評定機構有很大影響。如果你未支付或延時支付,對你來說是一個很大的打擊。

Alisha: You mean if I were late a few times, I wouldn’t be able to get another credit card?

你是說如果我有幾次未及時支付,我不可能再得到另外一張信用卡?

James: A few times? How many times?

幾次?多少次?

Alisha: Well, maybe a lot of times.

哦,或許很多次。

James: And why do you need another credit card if you already have one?

如果你已經有一張信用卡了,爲什麼還要再申請一張呢?

Alisha: Had one, past tense. The credit card company cancelled it.

曾經有,已經是過去了。信用卡公司取消了。

James: Ah ha, I think we’ve just found the crux of the problem.

哈哈!我想我們已經發現了問題的關鍵了。

down拒絕

Before this I'd have smiled and turned her down...

在這之前,我本該笑着拒絕她。

it report信用報告

Loans to people who have no personal credit report?

沒有貸款的人有個人信用報告嗎?

tanding未支付的,未結清的,Money that is outstanding has not yet been paid and isstill owed to someone.

The total debt outstanding is $70 billion...

未償債務總額達700億美元

time按時,準時

He will come on time even though it rains.

即使下雨,他還是會準時來的。

(難題或辯論的)關鍵,最難點,癥結 The crux of a problem or argument is the mostimportant or difficult part of it which affects everything else.

He said the crux of the matter was economic policy.

他說問題的癥結在於經濟政策。

  純正地道英語口語聽力:整潔

Being Tidy and Messy 整潔和邋遢

A:It is beyond me how you and Oscar can be roommates. You’re very tidy and he’s, well, aslob.

我真不明白你和Oscar怎麼能成爲室友的。你如此整潔,而他那麼邋遢。

B:It’s not always easy, but we’re making it work.

確實不容易,但是我們做到了。

A:Isn’t Oscar really messy all the time? Whenever I see him, his clothes are rumpled and hishair is unkempt.

難道Oscar不是一直很邋遢嗎?我每次見到他,都是衣服皺巴巴,頭髮亂蓬蓬的。

B:His room is really cluttered, but he keeps the common areas in passable condition. I do haveto straighten up fairly often, and I sometimes have to pick up after him, but that’s because I’mpretty nitpicky.

他的房間確實亂七八糟,但是公共區域還是可以接受的。我確實需要經常清理,有時甚至跟在他後面收拾,但那是因爲我很挑剔。

A:That’s very tolerant of you.

你太寬容了。

B:Well, we have set up a system so that if things get too messy, I have some recourse.

我們制定了規章制度,如果太亂了,我有追索權。

A:Really, what’s your system?

你們的規章制度是什麼呢?

B:Oscar and I agreed that every time he leaves a big mess, I can fine him.

我和Oscar一致同意,每次他把房間弄得太亂,我可以罰款。

A:That seems kind of drastic, but maybe it works for you guys.

這聽上去非常嚴厲,不過或許對你們男孩子來說管用。

B:Yeah, it keeps the place pretty clean.

是的,這樣可以讓我們的房間非常整潔。

A:Still, knowing Oscar, you must have had to fine him a lot.

不過,根據我對Oscar的瞭解,你肯定罰了他很多次。

B:Let’s just say that my next vacation will be in Monte Carlo!

我只想說,我下一次度假想去蒙特卡羅。

nd me 難以理解。 If something is, for example, beyond understanding or beyond belief,it is so extreme in some way that it cannot be understood or believed. 例如:

What Jock had done was beyond my comprehension...

我無法理解喬克的所作所爲。

icky 吹毛求疵的

ighten up 清理

We'd better straighten up the house before they get back.

我們最好在他們回來之前把房子收拾好。

urse 追索權

Your only recourse is legal action.

你的唯一依靠就是訴諸法律。

of 稍微,有點兒,有幾分

I'm feeling kind of tired.

我感到有點累。

tic adj. 激烈的;猛烈的;(法律等)嚴厲的; 極端的

Our China is also undergoing rapid and drastic change.

我們中國也處在急劇的變動中間。

  純正地道英語口語聽力:和父母住在一起

Living With Your Parents 和父母住在一起

A: Why did your girlfriend break up with you?

爲什麼你女友和你分開了?

B: I don't know, she said she was tired of me not manning up and being more independent,which I think is all a bunch of crap.

我不知道,她說她厭倦我沒有陽剛之氣和不夠獨立,我覺得這些都是胡說八道。

A: Well, you still live with your parents, so she does have a point.

嗯,你還和你的父母住在一起,所以他說的有些道理。

B: What do you mean? Lots of people live with their parents, especially when rent is soexpensive and the slump in the economy.

你是什麼意思?很多人都和父母住在一起,特別是如今房租如此地昂貴,經濟衰落。

A: Yeah, but you are almost forty! Plus, you make good money so there is really no excuse. It'ssimply because you are a momma's boy.

是的,但是你都快40歲了,你賺了很多錢,沒有理由還和父母一起住。其實就是因爲你心智還不成熟。

B: Whatever dude, I have everything I need, why would I move out! Have a great roof over myhead, my mom does my laundry and cooks for me, what else could a guy ask for!

哥們,管它呢。我已經有了我需要的,爲什麼我要搬出去呢!我媽媽是我頭頂的一片天,爲我洗衣服做飯,一個男人還能要求什麼呢?

A: Let's agree to disagree.

好吧,我就持保留意見吧。

1. a bunch of crap

a bunch of 一羣;一束;一堆

Miss White receiveda bunch offlowers from her admirer. 懷特小姐收到愛慕者所送的一束花。

I've madea bunch offriends and we party every weekend. 我交了一大羣的朋友,我們每個週末都開派對。

crap n. 廢話;廢物;屎;拉屎 vi. 擲骰子;拉屎

Why do you people still watch thatcrap? 爲什麼你們這些人還看這些狗屁節目?

We shipped a lot ofcrapout of Detroit in our day. 當時我們就曾從底特律把大量劣貨裝運出去。

good money 很賺錢,賺很多錢

Tomake good money, you have to do good business. 要賺大錢,您得經營好您的業務。

Those workersmake good money. Why are they on strike? 這些工人的收入不錯。他們爲什麼要罷工呢?

e to disagree 消除分歧,求同存異;同意各自保留不同意見

You don't have to win every e to disagree. 不用爭贏每一場辯論。試着對不同意見表示贊同。

The market, on the other hand, "allows investors toagree to disagree". 另一方面,市場“允許投資人求同存異”。

At this point Chinese and Occidentals mustagree to disagree, for they can never be broughtto view the same things in the same light. 中國人和西方人必須有個共識,就是在這一點上,他們不可能達成共識,因爲他們永遠不可能以同樣的方式去看同樣的事物。