職場英文口語 第256期:工作機會(2)
It means you'd be his most trusted and invaluable assistant.I see.
意思是他最信任、最寶貴的助手。我懂了。Anna, if you need time to think you could say "thank you for your kind words" and, "could I have time to consider your offer?"
安娜,如果你需要時間考慮,你可以說“謝謝您的誇讚”,“我可以考慮下您的提議嗎?”Erm, Mr Socrates. This news has come as a bit of a shock.
蘇格拉底先生。這條消息讓我有點吃驚。
Thank you for your kind words but please could I have some time to consider your offer?
謝謝您的誇讚,請給我時間考慮下好嗎?Oh… OK Anna. But please don't leave it too long.I have a habit of changing my mind.
好吧,安娜。不過別想太久。我有改變主意的習慣。OK, Mr Socrates… I mean Brad… I'll call you back soon. Bye.
好的,蘇格拉底先生。不是,是布拉特。我會盡快給你回電話的,再見。Oh… has Mr S offered you Paul's job by any chance?Yes!And you said you'd think about it?
蘇格拉底先生讓你做保羅的工作了嗎?是啊!而你說要考慮下?Yes. I'm not sure if I can take on that much responsibility.
沒錯。我不確定能否承擔那麼多責任。It's easy peasy. I could do it standing on my head.
容易極了,我可以不費吹灰之力就做好。But he's not offering- you the job Tom.
可他又沒提供給你工作,湯姆。Please don't mention this to Paul… not yet… he's very upset.
千萬別和保羅說這事,至少現在,畢竟他很傷心。