當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第562期:辭職換工作

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第562期:辭職換工作

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.43W 次

I resigned./I quitted my job./I've put in my notice.
我辭職了。

downsize
縮減開支;裁員;減小規模
The airline has downsized its workforce by 30%.
這家航空公司裁員30%。

A: Emily, could you spare a few minutes?
艾米麗,你能騰出幾分鐘嗎?
B: Sure. What do you need?
沒問題,你需要什麼?
A: Well, I wanted to let you know that I've put in my notice.
恩,我想告訴你我辭職了。
B: Really? Why?
真的嗎?爲什麼?
A: It's complicated. But basically it boils down to one thing. This company is downsizing and I can't continue working for a company that may let me go.
原因很複雜,不過簡單說來這是遲早的事。這家公司在縮減開支,我不能等到公司解僱我我才走。
B: But surely they wouldn't fire you! You are one of the most experienced managers here.
可是,他們不可能解僱你!你是這裏最資深的經理之一!
A: Well, to be honest, there's another reason. I've got a better offer.
恩,坦白說,還有一個原因,我有更好的選擇了。
B: Well, that's great news. Congratulations. Where will you be located?
啊,那可是個好消息,恭喜你,你要去哪裏?
A: The head office is in New York, but I'll be dealing with overseas companies and flying to this side of the world from time to time.
那家公司總部設在紐約,不過我要打理和海外公司的買賣,會經常飛回來的。
B: It'll be sad to see you go, but it sounds like you've found yourself a great opportunity.
你要走的話我會很難過。不過看來你找到更好的機會了。
A: I have. I feel lucky. I look forward to dealing with overseas companies and at the same time having a chance to use English more.
是的,我覺得很幸運,我一直希望能同海外公司做生意,並藉此機會鍛鍊英語
B: I'm sorry to bring this up now, but would it be possible for you to write me a letter of recommendation before you go?
我很抱歉現在向你提個要求,你在走之前可以幫我寫一封推薦信嗎?
A: Of course I can. In fact, if there are any other job opportunities at this new company. I'll recommend you personally.
當然可以。實際上,如果這家新公司有合適的工作機會的話,我個人會推薦你。
B: Thanks. I appreciate that.
謝謝,非常感謝

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第562期:辭職換工作