當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第480期:Actor's Fear 演員的恐懼

美語情景對話 第480期:Actor's Fear 演員的恐懼

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.74K 次

Todd: So, Eucharia, you are into drama?

託德:尤查里亞,你喜歡戲劇嗎?

Eucharia: Yes, I have a Masters in drama and theatre and at the moment I am hoping to get onto a PHD programme in drama and theatre.

尤查里亞:喜歡,我是戲劇和劇院方面的碩士,現在我想取得戲劇和劇院方面的博士。

Todd: So what's the thing about drama? What excites you about drama?

託德:那來說說戲劇吧,戲劇的什麼地方令你興奮?

Eucharia: Well I find it's a very communicative way to study things and study about people and you learn how to read people in drama, so usually I can understand what people are saying even though they might be lying, which comes in handy sometimes.

尤查里亞:我認爲研究事情、研究人物是一種交流方式,你會學習如何解讀戲劇中的人物,所以通常來說我可以理解人們說的話,有時能察覺出人們在說謊,所以這有時很有用處。

Todd: That would be useful!

託德:這肯定有用啊!

Eucharia: Yeah, so erm, I think it's very useful for me as well. I am an English lecturer so I use a lot of drama in my classes such as role plays. And I ask my students to create little plays, little mini dramas so they really respond well because it's a semi-controlled version of English learning in so far asthey can rehearse but it has to sound reasonably natural. So, at the moment I'm hoping to get on to a PHD course which will investigate about drama in the English… in English as a foreign language classroom, so especially I would like to concentrate on a lot of…I would like to concentrate a lot on Asian drama and try to bring Asian theatre to the world's attention. I don't know how successful I will be but here's hoping!

尤查里亞:是啊,我認爲這對我來說很有用。我是一名英語講師,我在我的課堂上會使用大量的戲劇來進行角色扮演。我會要求學生創造小型戲劇或者迷你戲劇,他們的反響非常好,因爲這是英語學習中的半自由練習,他們可以進行排練,不過要表演得相當自然。所以我希望能獲得博士學位,研究將英語作爲外語來學習的課堂上的戲劇,我尤其想關注亞洲戲劇,讓全世界關注亞洲劇院。我不知道會不會成功,不過還是有希望的!

Todd: Oh, I'm sure you will be successful! Now, Eucharia, you are into drama. Can you tell…what do you do for stage fright?

託德:哦,我確定你會成功的!尤查里亞,你喜歡戲劇。那你能告訴我你怯場時會怎麼辦嗎?

Eucharia: Ah, stage fright! Well, usually I get stage fright still, it's just… many actors get stage fright, many famous actors get stage fright. I get stage fright every time I'm going to teach a new class. The night before I'm usually throwing up my dinner in the toilet, I can't sleep…

尤查里亞:啊,怯場!我會怯場,許多演員,許多著名演員都會怯場。我在帶新班級時就會怯場。教課的前一晚我會在衛生間把晚餐都吐出去,而且睡不着……

Todd: What, for teaching?

託德:爲什麼,因爲講課嗎?

Eucharia: …I'm sweating, yes!

尤查里亞:……我還一直在流汗,是啊!

Todd: No?

託德:不是嗎?

Eucharia: Yes! I get really bad stage fright but the minute I step into the classroom or the minute I get onto the stage it just all falls into place. I just feel like 'Yeah this is what I'm made to do' but the night before it is always the worst case scenario so I am always thinking of what can go wrong. So that's my particular brand of stage fright but once I get on stage or once I get in front of the class I will be fine. I know this.

尤查里亞:是!我總是會怯場,不過在我進入教室的那一刻,或者說在我上臺的那一刻,事情就會有條紊地進行。我會想“對,這就是我要做的事情”,可是前一晚我會模擬最糟糕的情況,我會想哪個環節會出錯。所以這就是我怯場的情況,不過一旦我上臺或走進教室,一切都沒問題了。我知道會這樣的。

Todd: Wow, that's cool.

託德:哇,真酷。

美語情景對話 第480期:Actor's Fear 演員的恐懼

譯文屬僅供學習交流使,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. come in handy
派上用場;
eg. That key will come in handy if you lock yourself out.
要是你把自己鎖在了屋外,那把鑰匙就派上用場了。
eg. The $20 check came in very handy.
那張20美元的支票正好派上了用場。
2. in so far as
在…的範圍內;到…的程度;只要;
eg. You are qualified in so far as you don't cause problems.
就你不會製造麻煩而言,你是合格的。
eg. He can be trusted in so far as he has never yet told a lie.
他是可以信任的,因爲他從未說過謊。
3. concentrate on
全神貫注;集中(心思);
eg. You should concentrate on the road when you're driving.
開車時注意力應集中在路上。
eg. Clock watchers can never concentrate on their work.
老是看時間等下班的人決不會專心致志地工作。
4. throw up
嘔吐;嘔出;
eg. This smell is enough to make you throw up.
這種氣味令人嘔吐。
eg. If you are going to throw up, be sure to do it in the sick bag.
如果您想吐的話,一定要吐到嘔吐袋裏。
5. fall into place
(情況)豁然開朗;(事件等)自然而然地按所希望的方式發生;
eg. Once the decision was made, things fell into place rapidly.
一旦作出決定,事情就立刻順理成章地發展下去了。
eg. When the reasons behind the decision were explained, of course, it all fell into place.
當然,在這一決定背後的原因得到解釋之後,一切就變得