當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第453期:Family Members 家庭成員

美語情景對話 第453期:Family Members 家庭成員

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.14W 次

Akane: Hey, Ruth.

茜:嗨,魯斯。

Ruth: Hi, Akane.

魯斯:嗨,茜。

Akane: So, um, how big is your immediate family?

茜:你家裏有幾口人?

Ruth: Ah, there are four of us.

魯斯:四口人。

Akane: Four people, OK. Whose in it?

茜:四口人。都有誰?

Ruth: Not big really. Well, there's my mum and my dad and my older brother and then there's me.

魯斯:其實不是很多。我們家有我媽媽、我爸爸、我哥哥和我。

Akane: Oh, I everybody still live together?

茜:哦,我知道了……那你們還都住在一起嗎?

Ruth: Well, actually at the moment my brother lives in London and my parents live in Darbyshire and I live in Japan but very soon we are all going to move back in together.

魯斯:實際上目前我哥哥住在倫敦,我父母住在達比希爾,而我生活在日本,不過很快我們會再一起生活的。

Akane: Ooh, are you looking forward to that?

茜:哦,你期待嗎?

Ruth: I'm looking forward to it but I think it could be interesting.

魯斯:我很期待,我認爲那會很有趣的。

Akane: Yeah, for sure who is the oldest person in your family?

茜:嗯,肯定是……你家裏誰最年長?

Ruth: The oldest person is probably my great aunt and she's 80.

魯斯:最年長的應該是我姑婆,她今年80歲了。

Akane: Oh, and who is the youngest person in your family?

茜:哦,那你家裏年紀最小的人是誰?

Ruth: Actually, my cousin was born about two weeks ago. She's called Ema. She's two weeks old.

魯斯:實際上我表妹兩週前剛剛出生。她叫艾瑪,她剛剛出生兩週。

Akane: Wow! Did you see a picture of her?

茜:哇!你看過她的照片嗎?

Ruth: I have seen a picture of her, yes. She lives in Sweden.

魯斯:當然,我看過了。她在瑞典生活。

Akane: That's really exciting.

茜:那太令人興奮了。

Ruth: Yes, it was nice.

魯斯:是啊,非常棒。

Akane: And how big is your extended family?

茜:那你的大家族有多大呢?

Ruth: Well, I'm not from a really big family actually. My dad has got three sisters and my mom has just got one brother, so you know, some people are from families and somebody has ten children, and they have lots of aunties, and uncles. It's not like that in my family.

魯斯:實際上我並不是來自一個大家庭。我爸爸有三個姐妹,而我媽媽只有一個兄弟,所以你知道,有些人來自有10個孩子的家庭,所以他們有很多叔叔阿姨。可是我們家並不是這樣。

Akane: Oh, OK. And where is your family originally from?

茜:哦,好的。那你們家祖籍哪裏?

Ruth: Originally, my parents, and their parents, and their parents I think , are all from Yorkshire in England. It's in the North of England.

魯斯:我父母和他們的父母以及他們的爺爺奶奶來自英國約克郡,那裏位於英國北部。

Akane: Everybody in your family is from there?

茜:你家裏的所有人都來自那裏嗎?

Ruth: I think so, although my family have since moved, and so some live in Sweden now, some live in Australia and some live in America.

魯斯:我想是的,不過我的家人已經離開了那裏,現在有些人生活在瑞典,有些人生活在澳大利亞,還有人生活在美國。

Akane: Oh, that sounds really when does your entire family ever get together?

茜:哦,聽起來真有意思……那你們這一大家子人什麼時候能聚在一起?

Ruth: Well, that's a good question. Well, a lot of people get together at Christmas, but even then not everybody does. I think really we only see the entire family at weddings and at funerals.

魯斯:嗯,這是個好問題。許多人會在聖誕節時團聚,但並不是所有人。我想可能只會在婚禮或者葬禮上才能見到所有的家人。

Akane: Oh, OK, and when was the last time there was a wedding or a funeral?

茜:哦,上次舉行婚禮或是葬禮是什麼時候?

Ruth: Um, I think it was about eight years ago, so quite a long time ago, now.

魯斯:嗯,我想大概是八年前,很長時間了。

Akane: Oh, I see. OK, well thanks for that story, Ruth.

茜:好,我知道了。魯斯,謝謝你和我們分享。

Ruth: Oh, no problem. Thanks, Akane.

魯斯:不客氣。茜,謝謝你。

美語情景對話 第453期:Family Members 家庭成員

譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. at the moment
目前;現在;
eg. At the moment there's no hard and fast timetable.
目前還沒有明確的時間表。
eg. We're suffering a triple whammy at the moment.
我們目前正遭受到了接二連三的打擊。
2. for sure
無疑;肯定;
eg. That's for sure.
那是肯定的。
eg. I think he lives there but I couldn't say for sure.
我想他是住在那裏的,但我不敢肯定。
3. get together
開會;聚會;
eg. All the members of the family get together once a year.
全家成員每年團聚一次。
eg. Let's get together and talk it over.
大家聚在一起商量商量。