當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第503期:Families 家人

美語情景對話 第503期:Families 家人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.29W 次

Brett: Hi, Senum, how are you?

布萊特:塞納姆,你好嗎?

Senum: Good, thank you Brett. How are you?

塞納姆:還不錯,謝謝你,布萊特。你呢?

Brett: Very good. So let's talk about family today.

布萊特:非常好。我們今天來談談家庭吧。

Senum: Alrighty then.

塞納姆:好啊。

Brett: So, how large is your family?

布萊特:你家有多少人?

Senum: Well, actually, I'm an only child, but I have a very large extended family.

塞納姆:我小的時候家裏有很多人。

Brett: What ethnicity?

布萊特:是少數族裔嗎?

Senum: I'm actualy, my families Turkish.

塞納姆:實際上我們是土耳其人。

Brett: Really!

布萊特:真的嗎?

Senum: Yeah. We're all like, my family immigrated from Turkey about 20 years ago so we all came down to Turkey, and I was born in Australia actually, and I have a lot of family in Turkey, as well as Australia now.

塞納姆:對。20年前我的家人從土耳其移民到澳大利亞,我是在澳大利亞出生的,我還有很多家人在土耳其,當然也有家人在澳大利亞。

Brett: Do you still practice Turkish customs?

布萊特:你們還保留着土耳其的習俗嗎?

Senum: Of course.

塞納姆:當然。

Brett: Even though you're living in Australia.

布萊特:即使你們現在在澳大利亞生活?

Senum: Definitely. We always have Turkish meals, do Turkey, celebrate Turkish days, and.

塞納姆:沒錯。我們會吃土耳其食物,慶祝土耳其節日。

Brett: Like what kind of Turkish days?

布萊特:你們會慶祝什麼土耳其節日?

Senum: For example we have Children's Day, and we celebrate that, where the children actually go to the elderly, the elder members of their families, and they go visit them, and they actually receive some money.

塞納姆:舉個例子,我們會慶祝兒童節,孩子們會去拜訪家裏的老人,然後老人會給孩子們一些錢。

Brett: Really.

布萊特:真的嗎?

Senum: It's quite interesting. Yeah.

塞納姆:很有意思。對。

Brett: Ah, what other holidays do you celebrate?

布萊特:那你們還會慶祝什麼節日?

Senum: Um, also we celebrate, it's called Lolliday.

塞納姆:還有Lolliday。

Brett: Lolliday.

布萊特:Lolliday。

Senum: Yeah, and we just, the whole name of it is, once again to go to the elderly and to see them and to tell them that we care about them still, and that we are still thinking of them, though we don't see them probably every other day. How about you Brett? How many people are in your family?

塞納姆:對,那天我們也會去拜訪家裏的老人,看望他們,告訴他們雖然我們不能時常去看他們,但我們很關心他們,也時刻想着他們。布萊特,你呢?你家有幾口人?

Brett: I'm, I have one younger brother and just my mom and dad.

布萊特:我家裏的成員有我弟弟,還有我父母。

Senum: I see, and how about your extended family?

塞納姆:我知道了,那你的家族呢?

Brett: Extended family? I have a lot of extended family, on both sides. It's too many to count, really so.

布萊特:家族嗎?父母雙方都有很多家人,很難數清。

Senum: So do you get together like on the weekends or anything like that?

塞納姆:你們週末的時候會聚會之類的嗎?

Brett: Ah, recent, yeah sometimes. My uncle has a very nice place that has a pool and all my cousins go out there every weekend and have a lot, usually a barbeque.

布萊特:有時會。我叔叔的房子有游泳池,很不錯,我的唐兄弟們每週末都會去那裏燒烤。

Senum: Oh, sounds so cool. I pretty much do the same. We always try to organize some barbeques, some things like that, but, down by the beach, or at the parks, and we get together, a whole bunch of people, about 20 to 30 people, have lots of meat.

塞納姆:哦,聽起來很酷。我們也會這樣聚會。我們經常會在沙灘或者公園組織燒烤之類的活動,大概有二三十人聚在一起吃很多肉。

Brett: Lots of meat.

布萊特:很多肉。

Senum: Yeah. We kids go running around everywhere.

塞納姆:對。孩子們會到處跑來跑去的玩耍。

美語情景對話 第503期:Families 家人

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. even though
即使;儘管;縱然;
eg. He stuck out the race even though he finished last.
儘管他是最後一名他還是堅持跑完了全程。
eg. We sill are friends even though our opinions differ.
雖然我們意見不一,但仍然是朋友。
2. once again
又一次;再次;
eg. Facts once again give the lie to the fallacy.
事實再一次揭穿了這一謊言。
eg. He encourages me to try once again.
他鼓勵我再試一次。
3. get together
開會;聚會;
eg. Teenagers like to get together and go nuts on Saturday night.
青少年喜歡在星期六晚上聚在一起做一些瘋狂事。
eg. We should get together again sometime.
以後有空我們再聚一聚。
4. a bunch of
一夥,一羣(人);
eg. When I finally got to the store there was a bunch of people waiting for me to open up.
當我最後到達藥店時,已經有一羣人在等我開門了。
eg. If you're single, Valentine's Day would be a great day to go out with a bunch of friends.
如果你單身,情人節是和一羣朋友出去玩的好日子。