當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1323期:被遺忘,被忽略

迷你對話學地道口語第1323期:被遺忘,被忽略

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.42K 次

第一,迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1323期:被遺忘,被忽略

A: I'm sorry I forgot your birthday. I was so busy and the date completely slipped my mind.

抱歉,我忘記你的生日了。我很忙,完全忘記這個日子了。

B: Never mind.

不要緊。

A: In order to show my regret, I bought a copy of Lu Xun's short stories for you.

爲了表達我的歉意,我給你買了一套魯迅短片小說集。

B: Oh, you shouldn't have done it! It must have cost you a fortune.

哦,你不該買的,一定花了你很多錢吧。

第二,地道表達

slip one's mind

解詞釋義

Slip one's mind中的slip意思是“被......遺忘”,mind有“思想”的意思。Slip one's mind的字面意思是“遺忘了某人的思想”,意思即:忘記,被忽略。

拓展範例

E.g. Our telephone number has slipped my mind.

你的電話號碼我忘了。

E.g. It slipped my mind that I was visiting him today.

我忘了今天要訪問他的事。

E.g. I meant to mail the letter,but it entirely slipped my mind.

我本來準備發這封信的,卻完全給忘掉了。

E.g. I've been meaning to get back in touch with just slipped my mind.

我一直想跟你聯繫,但我就是忘記了。

第三,好詞妙語

in order to:爲了......

E.g. He lit a cigarette in order to calm his mind.

他點燃一支香菸,鎮定一下情緒。

E.g. We started early in order to arrive before dark.

爲了在天黑前到達,我們很早就動身了。

show one's regret:表示遺憾,表示歉意

E.g. Mr. Pam didn't show regrets for what he had done.

帕姆先生對其所做的事不感到後悔和惋惜。

a copy of:一本,一份

E.g. Each winner will be given a copy of a Modern English Grammar.

每個得勝者給一本《現代英語語法》。

E.g. Do you want me to print you a copy of my report?

你要我把我的報告印一份複印件給你嗎?

cost sb. a fortune:花費某人很多錢

E.g. That's a queer house of yours. And it must have cost a fortune to build.

那房子挺別緻的,造價一定很高吧。

E.g. The house cost him a small fortune.

這幢房子花了他不少錢。

第四,句式講解

Sb. should have not done:表示不該做的事情卻做了

E.g. I should not have done so, other than for the most compelling reasons.

要不是出於非常緊迫的原因,我本不應該這樣做的。

Sb. must have done: 對事情很有把握的猜測

E.g. He must have arrived here last night.

他肯定是昨晚到達這裏的。

E.g. He must have had lunch.

他肯定吃過午飯了。