當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1375期:太胖

迷你對話學地道口語第1375期:太胖

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.29K 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1375期:太胖

A: Let me see. I think I could use his wife's influence.

我想想看,我覺得我可以利用一下他妻子的影響力。

B: What do you mean?

你說什麼?

A: His wife is too much avoirdupois and I will go to her with some weight-reducing tea and get a chance to talk about that.

他的妻子很胖,我準備去找她拿幾盒減肥茶,然後再趁機會提下這事情。

B: You are more likely to annoy her than please her.

只怕你非但巴結不上她倒還得罪了她。

第二,地道表達

too much avoirdupois

1. 解詞釋義

Too much avoirdupois表示“太胖了”。

2. 拓展範例

She made a crack about his being too much avoirdupois.

她取笑他肥胖。

E.g. He's too much avoirdupois and flabby because he doesn't have enough exercise.

他因爲缺少鍛鍊而日見肥胖肌肉鬆弛。

E.g. She is now a too much avoirdupois , red-faced, old dame of seventy, or thereabouts, fond of her place, and jealous of her authority.

現在她卻是個七十上下年紀,肥胖的,紅臉的老太婆了。她要於其位,唯恐失掉威勢。

第三,視野拓展

reduce weight:減肥,減輕體重

E.g. Some fat people try to reduce their weight.

一些肥胖者盡力減輕體重。

get a chance:得到機會

E.g. You get a chance like this only once in a blue moon.

這種機會你是很難得到的。

E.g. Write me a letter whenever you get a chance, about your life in Berlin-what you and your wife do for fun.

只要你遇到機會,就給我寫信,告訴我你在柏林的生活,告訴我,你和你的妻子作何消遣。

to be likely to do something:也許......,可能......

E.g. This influence is likely to continue indefinitely unless we make a concerted effort to stop it.

這種影響可能還會繼續,除非我們一致協作來改變這種局面。

E.g. The wording is likely to lead to ambiguity.

這種措詞可能會引出歧義。