當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第151期:抓住把柄

英語口語練習小對話 第151期:抓住把柄

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.92W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第151期:抓住把柄

A: I’m sure you never dare to go against your wife.

我敢肯定你從來不敢不聽老婆的。

B: Why should I go against her? She always seems to have better ideas.

我爲何要不聽她的。好像一直都是她的主意好些。

A: Have you ever got the goods on her for wrong doings?

你就沒發現她有做錯的地方,抓住她的把柄嗎?

B:Get the goods on her? She never allows me to go to her office. And she is a good woman. She’s been faithful all these years.

抓她的把柄?她從來不讓我去她的辦公室。她是個好女人,這些年一直很本分。

A: Well, it’s nice to have a husband like you.

恩,有你這麼樣的丈夫是她的福氣。

地道表達:get the goods on sb.

解詞釋義:goods本義爲“貨物,商品”。在美國俚語中,the goods是指“盜竊得來的財物、違禁品”。知道了the goods的含義,get the goods on sb. 的意思就不難理解了,它的意思是“掌握某人的確鑿證據”“抓住某人的把柄”。

支持範例:

He is afraid to fire her because she got the goods on him.

他不敢開除她,因爲他的把柄被她抓住了。

The policemen kept blackmailing him because they had got the goods on him.

警察之所以經常去敲他的竹槓是因爲抓住把柄了。

They have got the goods on you now for they know you took that girl into your room.

他們現在抓住了你的把柄了,因爲他們知道你帶那個女孩到你房間裏去了。

we are trying to get the goods on the crook.

我們正在設法得到犯罪者的罪證。

詞海拾貝:

1. go against:反對,違背

Eg. Don't do anything that should go against his will.

不要做違揹他心意的事。

Eg. Twice in his life he had to go against everything and yet it never made him bitter.

他一生中有兩次不得不和整個社會鬧翻,然而從不因此而變得憤世嫉俗。

Eg. I advise you not to go against your father.

我勸你不要與你父親作對。

Eg. He is so cruel that no one is ready to go against him.

有那麼兇猛的人敢惹它。

2. wrong doing:錯誤的行爲

Eg. How do you stand by and see such wrong doing?

你對這樣的錯誤行爲怎能袖手旁觀呢?

Eg. Little Tom was had up before the headmaster for wrong doing.

小湯姆因做了壞事被帶到校長那裏受處分了。

Eg. You will have to answer for your wrong doing one day

將來有一天你會自食其果的。

Eg. The prevention of wrong doing is one of the duties of the police.

防止不法行爲是警察當局的職責之一。

3. all these years:所有這些年以來

Eg. He has been assailed by bad breaks all these years.

這些年來他接二連三地倒黴。

Eg. That phrase had stuck in her mind all these years and still rankled.

這些年來,這句話一直縈繞在她的腦子裏,仍然使她心痛。

Eg. I know that you and Louis have been out of touch all these years but still he does worry about you.

我知道你和路易斯這些年來一直沒有聯繫,不過他還是很爲你擔心。

Eg. I have been valued all these years, not for myself, but for what is to be got out of me.

這些年我之所以受到重視,看來着眼點並不是我本人,而是從我身上將搞到的東西。