當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第185期:性情懦弱

英語口語練習小對話 第185期:性情懦弱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.34W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第185期:性情懦弱

A: What do you think of Frank?

A: 你認爲Frank這人怎麼樣?

B: He is all right. But I think he seems to have no back bone.

B: 他人挺好,就是好像性情有點懦弱。

A: Why do you say that?

A: 你爲什麼那麼說呢?

B: Whatever things get tough, he gives in.

B: 每當事情變得棘手時,他就屈服。

地道表達:

have no back bone

解詞釋義:

back bone指人的“脊柱”,用之比喻“人的骨氣”。Have no back bone比喻人“沒有骨氣,性情懦弱”。

支持範例:

Eg. She has no back bone because she depends on her husband to live. Even he has an affair with another woman and she can put up with it.

她真是沒骨氣,因爲她總是依靠她的丈夫,甚至他的丈夫在外有染,她也受得了。

Eg. She accused him of having no back bone.

她又責備他反沒有骨氣。

詞海拾貝:

1. give in:屈服,妥協

Eg. I won't give in in any instance.

在任何情況下我都不會妥協。

Eg. No matter how they slander us, we will never give in.

不管他們怎樣誹謗我們,我們決不讓步

Eg. You'd have to be as weak as Gandhi before you'd give in.

你會虛弱得象甘地一樣,然後你會堅持不住的。

Eg. He feels himself obliged from his dependent situation to give in to her schemes.

出於他那寄人籬下的地位,他不得不屈服於她的計劃。

2.think of :認爲

Eg. We think of the Puritans as staid people.

我們認爲清教徒是很穩重的人。

Eg. What do you think of the terms of payment?

關於付款條件你們有什麼意見?

Eg. She is sensitive to what people think of her.

她很敏感人們對她是怎麼想的。

Eg. Does she really think of adopting teaching as a profession?

她真想拿教書作正式的職業嗎?