當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第81期:逮住

英語口語練習小對話 第81期:逮住

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.93W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第81期:逮住

A:Where is John? I can't find him anywhere.

約翰在哪裏?我怎麼哪兒都找不到他。

B:Haven't you heard that he is in prison?

你還沒聽說他進監獄了嗎?

A:What? Beg your pardon.

什麼?再說一遍。

B:John is in prison now. He wascopped outstealing.

約翰現在在監獄裏。他偷東西的時候被逮住了。

A:I just cann't believe my ears!

我簡直不敢相信。

地道表達:

cop out

小編講解:

cop out是美國的一條俚語,常用來表示一下意思:一是退出,迴避;二是變卦,失信;三是放棄,妥協;四是避重就輕地認罪;五是以牽連他人爲目的向警方招供;六指被逮住。

支持範例:

Eg. You can't cop out of your responsibility to your children.

你不能逃避對你的孩子們應盡的義務。

Eg. You can't cop out of your responsibility to the project.

你不能逃避對這項工程應負的責任。

Eg. I don't want to cop out of answering your question.

我不願對你的問題避而不答。

Eg. He can cop out for only five to ten years.

他會因服罪而被從寬判處5至10年徒刑。

Eg. Don't try to cop out by telling me you're too busy!

別想跟我推脫說你太忙。

Eg. You've got to do it, do not try to cop out of it by telling me you're too busy!

這件事你一定得做,不要推諉說你忙不過來。

Eg. He has copped up because of selling drugs.

他因販賣毒品而被逮住。

Eg. She was cpped up when cheating in the exam.

她考試作弊時被逮住。

詞海拾貝:

1.in prison:蹲監獄,坐牢

Eg. He spoke without reserve of his time in prison.

他毫無保留地述說了他在監獄中的事.

Eg. If you defy the(aw,you may find yourself in prison.

如果你不服從法律,你就可能會坐牢。

Eg. Her pledge to remain faithful to him was his anchor when he was in prison.

她對他忠貞不渝的保證是他服刑期間的精神支柱。

Eg. After 10 years in prison, he was given his freedom.

他坐了10年監獄以後又得到了自由.

2.beg one's pardon:再說一遍

Eg. He said, with studied politeness,"I beg your pardon, madam, this is your seat."

他故作禮貌地說道:“請原諒,小姐,這是您的位置。”

Eg. I beg your pardon I didn't hear what you said.

請再說一遍--我沒聽見你剛纔說的話.

Eg. I beg your pardon, I was too plain.

請原諒,我太過於直率了。

3.cann't believe one's ears:簡直不敢相信

Eg. She could hardly believe her ears.

她簡直不能相信自己的耳朵。

Eg. The old man could not believe his ears and went back home without a word.

老農夫不敢相信自己所聽見的,也一言不發地回到家中。

Eg. I really couldn't believe my ears when they brought me your name.

當他們通報你的名子時,我真的不相信自己和耳朵呢。

Eg. I could hardly believe my ears; it seemed such an insane answer to give.

我幾乎以爲自己聽錯了呢;這種回答簡直是驢脣不對馬嘴。

特別聲明:該節目中的迷你對話精選自口語書籍,其餘講解部分爲恆星原創,未經授權請勿轉載。