當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(12)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(12)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.57K 次

'But I thought the bullet hadn't entered her brain,' said my father.

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(12)
“但子彈不是沒有射中大腦嗎?”父親問。

Colonel Junaid explained that a bone had fractured and splinters had gone into my brain, creating a shock and causing it to swell.

朱奈德上校解釋說:我的頭骨裂開,碎片掉進大腦裏,我的大腦受到震盪,導致大腦開始腫脹。

He needed to remove some of my skull to give the brain space to expand, otherwise the pressure would become unbearable.

他必須移除部分頭骨,給腫脹的大腦一點空間,不然我會腦壓過高。

'We need to operate now to give her a chance,' he said. 'If we don't, she may die.

“我們必須立即進行手術,她纔有存活的機會。”他說,“如果我們不動手術,她可能就活不下去了。

I don't want you to look back and regret not taking action.'

我不希望以後當你回想此刻,會後悔自己沒有采取行動。”

Cutting away some of my skull sounded very drastic to my father.

切除頭骨對於父親來說十分恐怖。

'Will she survive?' he asked desperately, but was given little reassurance at that stage.

“她能撐過去嗎?”他絕望地問道,但並沒有得到明確的答覆。

It was a brave decision by Colonel Junaid, whose superiors were not convinced and were being told by other people that I should be sent abroad.

朱奈德上校的這個決定非常勇敢,但他的主管不同意,有人告訴他的主管我應該被轉到國外治療。

It was a decision that would save my life.

這是一個對我來說真正生死攸關的決定。

My father told him to go ahead, and Colonel Junaid said he would bring in Dr Mumtaz to help.

父親同意開刀,朱奈德上校表示他會找墨姆塔茲醫生來協助。

My father's hand shook as he signed the consent papers.

簽下手術同意書的時候,父親的手顫抖不已。

There in black and white were the words 'the patient may die'.

同意書上白紙黑字地寫着:患者有死亡的風險。

They started the operation around 1.30 a.m.

凌晨一點半左右,手術開始了。

My mother and father sat outside the operating theatre.

母親和父親坐在手術室外面。

'O God, please make Malala well,' prayed my father.

“噢,主啊,請你讓馬拉拉康復吧。”父親祈禱道。