當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 中國寓言故事雙語版 第17期:井蛙之樂

中國寓言故事雙語版 第17期:井蛙之樂

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.79W 次

ing-bottom: 100%;">中國寓言故事雙語版 第17期:井蛙之樂

A frog lived in a shallow well.

一隻青蛙住在一口淺井裏。

One day, it met beside the well a large soft-shelled turtle which had just crawled up from the sea.

有一天,青蛙在井邊碰上了一隻剛從海里爬上來的大鱉。

The frog bragged to the turtle: "Look, how happy I am to live here!

青蛙對大鱉誇口說:“你看,我住在這裏多麼快樂!

When I feel glad, I would bounce for a while near the well; and when I am tired,

高興了,就在井邊跳躍一陣子;疲倦了,

I would return to the well to sleep and rest for a while by the brick hole.

就回到井裏,睡在磚洞邊上休息一會兒。

Sometimes, I would quietly soak my whole body in the water, showing only my head and mouth.

有時候,我靜靜地把全身泡在水裏,只露出頭和嘴巴;

Sometimes, I would stroll in the soft mud, which is very comfortable.

有時候,在軟綿綿的泥漿裏散散步,也很舒服。

None of those tiny crabs and tadpoles can compare with me.

那些螃琪和蛾鮮,它們誰也比不上我。

I am the master of this well, free and unrestrained.

我是這個井的主人,自由自在。

Why don't you come often to play in the well?"

你爲什麼不常到井裏來遊玩遊玩呢!”

Hearing this, the turtle was itching to go down to take a look.

大鱉聽了青蛙的話,心裏癢癢的,準備下去看看。

But before he put his left foot into the well, his right foot stumbled.

但是它的左腳還沒伸進去,右腳就已經絆住了。

He quickly retreated two steps and told the frog about the sea:

它連忙後退了兩步,把大海的情形告訴青蛙,說:

"Have you ever seen the sea?

“你見過大海嗎?

The sea is very, very wide, over 1,000 1i.

海很大很大,哪止千里;

The sea is very, very deep, over 1,000 zhang (3'/3 metres).

海很深很深,哪止千丈。

In ancient times, in nine years out of ten there were floods, but the water in the sea did not rise much.

古時候,十年裏有九年發大水,但是海里的水漲高不了多少。

Later, in seven years out of eight there were droughts, but the water in the sea did not drop much.

後來,八年裏有七年要大旱,可是海里的水也不見得淺了多少。

Neither big floods nor big droughts can affect the sea.

大澇和大旱都影響不了大海。

Only living in the sea can you feel real happiness!”

住在大海里,纔是真正的快樂呢!”

Amazed at what the big turtle had said, the frog was dumbstruck.

聽了大鱉的這一番話,青蛙非常吃驚,呆在那裏,無話可說了。