當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 中國寓言故事雙語版 第71期:人生三喻

中國寓言故事雙語版 第71期:人生三喻

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.09W 次

ing-bottom: 64.71%;">中國寓言故事雙語版 第71期:人生三喻

One day, Ping Gong, the King of the State of Jin, said to his minister Shi Kuang: "I am over 70 years old.

有一天,晉國君主晉平公對他的臣子師曠說:“我已經七十多歲了。

Though I "am eager to read some books, I feel it is too late."

雖然很想讀些書,但是,總覺得時間太晚了!”

Shi Kuang said: "Too late? Why don't you light the candle?"

師曠說: “時間太晚嗎?爲卜麼不把蠟燭點起來呢?”

Ping Gong said: "I am serious. But you go so far as to make fun of me!"

平公說: “我和你說正經話,怎麼,你竟和我開起玩笑來了!”

Shi Kuang said: "How dare I, a blind minister, make fun of Your Majesty?

師曠說: “我這個雙目失明的臣子,哪裏敢和大王開玩笑!

I heard that when a man in his youth is fond of studying, he is like the rising sun, brilliant and magnificent;

我聽說,一個人在少年的時候好學,就像初升的太陽那樣,輝煌而燦爛;

when a man in the prime of life is fond of studying, he is like the sun at noon, with still half a day's good time ahead;

壯年的時候好學,猶如正午的太陽,還有半天的好時光呢;

when a man in his old age is fond of studying, he is like the flame of a candle.

老年的時候好學,就像蠟燭的火焰一樣。

Though the light is failing, it is better than groping in the dark."

蠟燭的光亮雖然是有限的,但是有了它,總比在黑暗中摸索着前進要好些吧!”

Hearing Shi Kuang's words, Ping Gong of Jin said with pleasure:

聽了師曠的話,晉平公高興地說:

"How well you have put it!"

“你說得多好啊!”