當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 中國寓言故事雙語版 第70期:斑鴻說嫋

中國寓言故事雙語版 第70期:斑鴻說嫋

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.96W 次

padding-bottom: 69.55%;">中國寓言故事雙語版 第70期:斑鴻說嫋

One day, an owl flew persistently towards the east till it was completely exhausted, so it stopped in a forest to take a rest.

一天,貓頭鷹一個勁兒地向東方飛去,飛得精疲力盡,停在樹林裏休息。

It happened that a turtledove was also resting there.

一隻斑鴻恰巧也在那裏休息。

Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked: "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

聽見貓頭鷹呼味呼味地喘氣,就對貓頭鷹說: “你這樣急急忙忙地趕路,去哪兒呀?”

The owl said: "I am moving to the east."

貓頭鷹說: “我想到東方去住。”

The turtledove asked closely: “Why?”

斑雞追問: “爲什麼?”

The owl said: "The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer.

貓頭鷹說:“西邊的人,都說我叫的聲音很難聽,都討厭我。在那兒我住不下去了。

I must move to a new place."

非換個地方不可!”

The turtledove said: "Can you solve your problem by changing a place?

斑鴻說: “難道換個地方就可以解決問題嗎?

In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."

我看,不管你搬到哪裏去,都沒有用!”

The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise: "Can you forecast the future?"

貓頭鷹覺得斑塢的話太氣人,便驚奇地問: “你能未卜先知?”

The turtledove said: "This is very simple.

斑雞說:“這很簡單。

If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."

如果你不改變你的叫聲,那麼東邊的人也一樣會討厭你的!”