當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 和老外聊天的地道口語第46期:好久不見了啊...

和老外聊天的地道口語第46期:好久不見了啊...

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.46W 次



Alex: hi, Bob, I am so glad that you came.

Bob: of course I'd come. I couldn't think of a better chance to see all my old friends.

A: yeah. It's hard to believe that it's been ten years since graduation. It feels just yesterday we collected our diplomas.

B: how time flies. But hey, how are things going with you?

A: oh, where to start? There have been ups and downs. I'm still trying to find my place in this world. It's only recently that I've been ablt to start settling down. How about you? You still with Jenny?

B: yeah, Jenny and I got married right after graduation. It was tough the first years trying to make ends meet. I was supporting us both while she continued her studies. But now things are getting better. I work as senior manager in a trading company and she's working at a law firm. It's all started to come together and we're finally able to make a life for ourselves. Even starting to think about kids!

A: oh, that sounds wonderful. I have always known you two would make it. I hope I can keep in better contact with you huys. I don't want us to drift apart again.

B: definitely! Actually, we just moved into a new place. There's a house-warming party this Saturday, if you are free? I know Jenny would love to see you again and it should be a good party.

A: sounds great! I'll be there.


和老外聊天的地道口語第46期:好久不見了啊...


嘿,鮑勃,我很高興你能來.
當然要來啦.我覺得沒有比這更好的機會了,可以見到所有的老朋友.
是啊.真難以相信,轉眼間我們已經畢業十年了,感覺發學位證就在昨天一樣.
時光如梭啊.你過得怎麼樣?
從哪裏說起呢? 生活有起有伏,我現在還是試着去找自己的位置,最近纔開始逐漸安定下來.你呢?還和詹妮在一起嗎?
當然啦,詹妮和我一畢業就結婚了.剛結婚那幾年很苦,維持生計都很困難.我要養活兩個人,因爲詹妮要繼續她的學業.但是現在好多了,我在一家貿易公司做高級經理,她也在一家律師事務所有了工作.現在一切都開始好轉,我們終於有像樣的生活了,我們倆現在都考慮要孩子了!
那太棒了.我就知道你們倆個肯定會過的很好.我希望能和你們更好地保持聯繫,不想再變得疏遠.
那是一定的啊!我們剛搬家,這週六打算辦個聚會,慶祝喬遷之喜,到時候你有時間嗎?詹妮看到你來,一定會很高興的,聚會也會很有意思的.
聽起來不錯,我會去的.


和老外聊天的地道口語第46期:好久不見了啊... 第2張


Drift apart: to become less friendly or close to sb 逐漸疏遠
As children we were very close, but as we grew up we just drifted apart.
孩提時我們親密無間,但隨着年齡的增長我們就逐漸疏遠了。

Ups and downs: the mixture of good and bad things in life or in a particular situation or relationship 浮沉;興衰;榮辱
Every business has its ups and downs.
每一種生意均有其榮枯興衰。

Settle down: to start to have a quieter way of life, living in one place (在某地)定居下來,過安定的生活
When are you going to get married and settle down?
你打算什麼時候成家,安定下來?

Make it: to be successful in your career 獲得成功
He never really made it as an actor.
他從來就不是一個成功的演員。

House-warming: a party given by sb who has just moved into a new house 喬遷聚會


和老外聊天的地道口語第46期:好久不見了啊... 第3張


Diploma: a document showing that you have completed a course of study or part of your education 畢業文憑
a High School diploma
高中畢業文憑

Definitely: a way of emphasizing that sth is true and that there is no doubt about it 肯定;沒問題;當然;確實
I definitely remember sending the letter.
我記得這封信肯定發出去了。
‘Was it what you expected?’ ‘Yes, definitely.’
“那是你所期待的嗎?”“當然是。”
‘Do you plan to have children?’ ‘Definitely not!’
“你們打算要孩子嗎?”“沒這個打算!”
Some old people want help; others most definitely do not.
有些老人需要幫助,有些老人卻根本不需要。

Senior: high in rank or status; higher in rank or status than others 級別(或地位)高的
a senior officer/manager/lecturer
高級軍官╱經理╱講師
a senior partner in a law firm
律師事務所的主要合夥人
a senior post/position
高級職務/職位
I have ten years' experience at senior management level.
我有十年的高層管理經驗。
Junior nurses usually work alongside more senior nurses.
初級護士通常和較高級的護士一起工作。
He is senior to me.
他的職位比我高。
The meeting should be chaired by the most senior person present.
會議應由在座的職位最高的人主持。