當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第113期:cheesy 俗氣

The english we speak(BBC教學)第113期:cheesy 俗氣

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.79W 次

ing-bottom: 58.04%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第113期:cheesy 俗氣

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak I'm Neil and with me today is Li.

尼爾:大家好,歡迎來到地道英語節目,我是尼爾,今天和我一起主持節目的是李。

Li: Hi there I'm Li. Today's word is 'cheesy' and look here Neil, I've got something cheesy for you!

李:大家好,我是李。今天我們要講的單詞是cheesy,尼爾,看這裏,我給你帶了一些奶酪製品!

Neil: Oh cheese crackers! Yummy… don't you like them?

尼爾:哦,奶酪餅乾!好吃……你不喜歡吃嗎?

Li: No I find them too cheesy. As I don't eat cheese, I find the flavour a bit too strong.

李:不,我覺得它們奶酪葉太重了。我不吃奶酪,所以我認爲這個味道太重了。

Neil: I like cheese and I love all cheesy food. (Short pause) but I don't like this music you're playing… it's too cheesy.

尼爾:我喜歡奶酪,我喜歡所有的奶酪食品。(短暫停頓)不過我不喜歡你播放的這首音樂……這歌太俗了。

Li: Too cheesy? Do you mean the music is no good? It's Christmas…

李:太俗?你是覺得這首歌不好嗎?可是現在是聖誕節……

Neil: Well it's all right for this time of the year and it goes with the festive mood. But generally speaking it's too predicable, cheap and cheerful. Let's listen to a couple of examples:

尼爾:一年中這個時候放這首歌還好,這和節日氛圍很配。不過一般來說,這歌總是一成不變,俗氣又歡快。我們來聽一些例子:

A: Would you like to go to the pantomime next week, thought it'd be fun.

A:下週你想去看童話劇嗎,我想會很有意思的。

B: Em… I know children love it but I find it a bit too cheesy. I used to love it as a kid.

B:額……我知道孩子們很喜歡,不過我覺得那太俗了。我還是孩子的時候很喜歡看。

A: Hi everyone I am organising our Christmas dinner. How about going back to The Cheshire Cheese pub?

A:大家好,我要負責咱們的聖誕晚餐。我們還去 Cheshire Cheese酒吧怎麼樣?

B: The food was excellent, but you know what? The music there was a bit too cheesy,

B:那裏的食物非常棒,不過你知道嗎,那裏的音樂有點俗。

A: Cheesy? Of course. Maybe that's why the pub is called ' The Cheshire Cheese'.

A:俗?當然了。也許那就是這家酒店叫做Cheshire Cheese的原因。

The English We Speak

這裏是地道英語節目

Li: The second speaker there came across as a bit snobbish, don't you think?

李:第二個說話的人聽上去有點傲慢,你覺得呢?

Neil: Yes the word does have a slightly negative connotation, something too superficial and simple and …

尼爾:對,這個詞有輕微的貶義,形容某些事過於膚淺,過於簡單……

Li: Not deep and sophisticated?

李:不是深刻又複雜?

Neil: No.

尼爾:不是。

Li: I see. Remember what you said about the music I’m playing? So you mean my taste in music is not very sophisticated?

李:我明白了。你記得你剛怎麼說我播放的音樂嗎?所以你的意思是我對音樂的品味不高雅?

Neil: No, don't get me wrong. It's only that one particular piece because I've heard it so many times. Well I must say that your taste in clothes is fabulous. (Pause to get a closer look) Is this a new coat? Never seen it before?

尼爾:不是,別誤會我的意思。只是那一首,因爲我聽過太多次了。不過我必須要說,你對衣着的品味非常棒。(停下,近距離看)這件是新買的大衣嗎?我以前從來沒看見過。

Li: Yes?

李:對啊。

Neil: I think the bright colours suit you really well, your face is lit up and you look very… attractive… and… charming… and….

尼爾:我認爲鮮豔的顏色真的非常適合你,你的臉色也提亮了,而且你看起來非常……迷人……而且有魅力……而且……

Li: Oh, stop it Neil. I never knew you can be so cheesy! Come on, please have some cheese crackers and that'll stop your cheesy compliments…

李:行了,尼爾,夠了。我從來不知道你可以這麼肉麻!來吃些奶酪餅乾吧,這可以堵住你那廉價的讚美……

Neil: Li, you're blushing!

尼爾:李,你臉紅了!

Li: Bye for now.

李:現在該說再見了。

Neil: Bye.

尼爾:再見。

重點講解
1. come across
使產生…印象;給人以…的印象;
eg. When sober he can come across as an extremely pleasant and charming young man...
沒喝醉的時候,他看上去似乎是個極爲彬彬有禮、討人喜歡的小夥子。
eg. He came across very, very well.
他給人的印象非常非常好。
2. don't get me wrong
別誤會我的意思;
eg. Please don' t get me wrong, I' m not criticizing you.
請不要誤解我,我並不是批評你。
eg. Don't get me wrong, I just want to help you.
別誤會,我只是想幫你。
3. light up
照亮;發亮;
eg. A brilliant sun lit up their rooms.
燦爛的陽光照亮了他們的屋子。
eg. And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town.
你臉上浮現了一抹能照亮整個小鎮的微笑。