當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第149期:Swizz 騙局

The english we speak(BBC教學)第149期:Swizz 騙局

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.15W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第149期:Swizz 騙局

William: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm William.

威廉:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是威廉。

Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li.

楊莉:我是楊莉。

William: You look very pleased today Li.

威廉:莉,你今天看上去很高興。

Yang Li: Well, I should be. I've just won a prize!

楊莉:嗯,我應該高興。我剛剛中獎了!

William: Wow, great! What did you win?

威廉:哇,太棒了!你中了什麼獎?

Yang Li: I don't know yet. I ate this bar of chocolate and it told me to phone a number to find out my prize.

楊莉:我還不知道呢。我剛纔吃了這塊巧克力,這裏說讓我打這個電話去領獎。

William: Oh wow, cool. Let's call them.

威廉:哦,哇,真酷。我們來打電話吧。

Yang Li: OK.

楊莉:好的。

Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.

歡迎撥打 Choccy Choc Chocolate獎品熱線。請不要掛斷,您馬上就會知道你獲得了什麼精彩獎品。

Yang Li: Wow, this is exciting!

楊莉:哇,這太令人激動了!

Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.

歡迎撥打 Choccy Choc Chocolate獎品熱線。請不要掛斷,您馬上就會知道你獲得了什麼精彩獎品。

William: Hmmm.

威廉:嗯。

Welcome to the Choccy Choc Chocolate prize hotline. Please hold to find what amazing prize you've won.

歡迎撥打 Choccy Choc Chocolate獎品熱線。請不要掛斷,您馬上就會知道你獲得了什麼精彩獎品。

Yang Li: It can't be long now...

楊莉:不會再等了吧……

William: Li, can I see that chocolate wrapper?

威廉:莉,我能看看那個巧克力的包裝紙嗎?

Yang Li: OK. What does it say?

楊莉:好。上面說什麼了?

William: It says "Calls to this line are charged at £20 a minute"!

威廉:上面寫着“撥打這個電話每分鐘收費20英鎊”!

Yang Li: What?! No way! Well, shall we hang up?

楊莉:什麼?!不行!我們要不要掛斷?

William: I should think so! What a swizz.

威廉:我也是這麼想的。這是個騙局。

Hangs up

掛斷電話

Yang Li: A swizz?

楊莉:A swizz是什麼?

William: Yes, a swizz. A swizz is a scheme that tricks people to make money. Like this company is making you call an expensive phone line–it's a swizz.

威廉:對,騙局。這個詞指那些通過欺騙人們來賺錢的計謀。就像這家公司讓你打這個昂貴的電話一樣,這就是騙局。

Yang Li: I see.

楊莉:我明白了。

William: We might say "What a swizz", or "That's a bit of a swizz".

威廉:我們會說What a swizz,或是That's a bit of a swizz。

Yang Li: So, how do we spell this word, swizz?

楊莉:那swizz這個詞怎麼拼呢?

William: Well you know, I'm not too sure. I've seen it spelled S.W.I.Z.Z. but I've also seen S.W.I.Z.

威廉:你知道,我也不太確定。我曾經看到過那個詞的拼寫,是S.W.I.Z.Z。不過我也看到過拼成S.W.I.Z的。

Yang Li: You mean you don't know how to spell it? But this is BBC Learning English! We should know how to spell it. What a swizz!

楊莉:你是說你不知道這個詞怎麼拼?這可是BBC英語學習節目啊!我們應該知道這個詞怎麼拼寫。這是個騙局!

William: Ha ha. Yeah, I'm sorry! But that's just the way English is sometimes, it's always changing! At least you know-

威廉:哈哈。對,我很抱歉!不過這只是英語中偶爾會用到的表達,總是在變化的!至少你知道了……

Phone rings

電話響了

Yang Li: Oh! Hello?

楊莉:哦!你好?

Choc Person: Hello is that Yang Li?

克力公司員工:你好,請問是楊莉嗎?

Yang Li: Yes.

楊莉:對,我是。

Choc Person: We have a missed call from you. Just ringing to say you've won a prize!

巧克力公司員工:我們剛纔沒有接到你的來電。我們打來是告訴你你中獎了!

Yang Li: Wow, what is it?

楊莉:哇,獎品是什麼?

Choc Person: You need to ring this number to find out. 0800 23 4…

巧克力公司員工:你要打這個電話瞭解詳情。電話號碼是0800 23 4…

Yang Li: Ha! What a swizz. Bye.

楊莉:哈哈!這是騙局。再見。

William: Bye.

威廉:再見。

重點講解
1. find out
(尤指特意通過努力)發現,找出,查明;
eg. They conducted two studies to find out.
她們實施了兩個研究去查明結果。
eg. We'll find out what happened.
我們會弄清楚到底發生了什麼。
2. hang up
掛斷(電話);
eg. If you have no other business, you may hang up the phone.
如果你沒有其他事,你就可以掛機了。
eg. I am sorry I have to hang up now. Someone is knocking at the door.
對不起,我得掛電話了,有人敲門。
3. at least
至少,起碼,不管怎樣;
eg. At least that's the theory.
至少理論上是這樣。
eg. At least that's my perception.
至少這是我的看法。